Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions about the rear seat of the 2011 access cab. Is the humongous and sort of ugly subwoofer box standard. If not, what fills the space. When the seats are folded is there considerable flat floor space. Finally -- will two 70 pound golden retrievers fit in the back seat area? :)

Don't really want to buy a double cab. Just beginning to think about an new Tacoma and don't want to make a dealer stop yet.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't know anything about the 2011. I have an 06 and a 60lb mutt. My parents have two Goldens that are in the 80 lb range. The 06 AC rear seats fold down to make a flat surface. I take my dog and my wifes 20lb dog places without any trouble. I'd say you could get my parents two goldens in there for short trips. If yours aren't well behaved in the car it might be difficult.

TL

·
Registered
34 Posts
The rear seats in 09+ AC tacomas are not as good for dogs as 08 and previous. As I understand it, when the seat bottoms were folded forward, there was a flat (carpeted?) surface that spanned the width of the rear seats.

Now the seat bottoms fold UP, and there is only a narrow shelf that is really the top doors of the storage bins. There's also the large rear center console.

I know people have taken out the center console and built a dog platform from wood covered with carpet. That's what I would do if I had two large goldens to transport (or get a larger vehicle or a topper with crates in the back).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool mod. So you haul a dog or two? Right now my two goldens have the backseat (and sometimes one in the front seat) of a Ram Hemi Quad Cab. They are not spoiled, simpley "family".:)

·
Registered
'10 2WD AC SR5
621 Posts
Cool mod. So you haul a dog or two? Right now my two goldens have the backseat (and sometimes one in the front seat) of a Ram Hemi Quad Cab. They are not spoiled, simpley "family".:)
Thanks for the compliments .... 3/4" plywood and $17 worth of carpet from Wal-Mart. No dogs ..... gold clubs and stuff.

I just didn't like the way I did not have a smooth, flat surface across, with that damn useless console in the middle. I am thinking that the rear seats were changed in '08 or '09. Prior to that the entire "seat" section folded forward.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I've got a double cab, and put a 75# german shepherd and a 55# boxer in there. Neither one was very happy with the arrangement. I can't imagine 2 in the back of an AC.

4 hour trip with 2 stops each way, and jostling for position every time we got back in, with small growls and barks to determine priorities.

·
Man in Blue.
923 Posts
I just didn't like the way I did not have a smooth, flat surface across, with that damn useless console in the middle. I am thinking that the rear seats were changed in '08 or '09. Prior to that the entire seat section folded forward.
They changed it on '09. My '08 has the lower portion that folds forward and makes the entire back area nice and flat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts