Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one has installed back speakers 6x9 in a 2002 toyota echo and what would be the easiest route. Ive installed in alpine system and my speaker s arrived today. I was thinking that the grilles would pop off and i could access the
the screws, but it wasn't that simple.any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured it out and is posting this reply in case some one else runs into this problem . if it has already been posted then i apoligize. first is to remove the brake light and to do this there are two black clibs in the trunk force them up and .Im not sure if i unplugged the light before or after i pulled the back assembly up. and then there were three child restraints or what ever they might be. remove the three bolts, the bolts were extremly tight, so I had to use a half inch rachet with a 3/8 14mm socket. I also used a pillow to insure the rachet would not fly off and hit the rear glass.after you have done that you should be able to pull up the whole assembly.make sure the seat belts are through the cut outs and not on top. there are two pieces of molded plastic trim one on each side, you will have to wiggle it out from underneath and now you should have access to the speakers. new mounting holes will need to be drilled.I only drilled to holes one for each corner and then dropped in my new ifinity kappas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts