Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to replace my rear speakers but I dont think it possibly could be harder to take them out. I dont even know where to start. Everyone tells me to just google it but thats what lead me here. Please help me out here, im trying to get them out without destroying my rear deck. There must be a right way to do it. Thanks for any info you can give me.

·
Not so Noob now!
561 Posts
Tell us what year of Camry you have. If it's anything like the rear deck in the cars I've looked at. You will have to do these things:

1: Remove third brake light. There are usally two little round clips with pins in them you push inward to get out. Check your car's manual on this if you are confused, should be under "replacing bulbs". There is usally some 10mm bolts holding the brake light on, be sure to unplug the lead to the light.

2: You may have to remove the back seat cushion, Otherwise if you have folding seats, fold them down.

3: look for plastic interior clips along the leading edge of your deck facia. You should be able to pop these out without too much trouble. They tend to shoot out if you arn't careful so don't loose them.

4: If you have rear shoulder strap seatbelts that feed though your deck you should find there is a slot the belt will slip though usally hidden by the belt itself. It may also have a plastic holder around it.

5: You should be able to carefully flex the facia in the middle pulling the sides away. Gently pull outward to remove the deck cover.

6: Replace your speakers

7: Re-assemble your rear deck.

See how simple that was...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant believe I forgot to tell you it's a 99 Camry. The rear brake light is already off.

After taking it off I saw that the center of the deck was moveable but something was still holding it down on the sides. Was this the seatbelt brackets? My seatbelts do feed through the deck.

·
Current title:
253 Posts
why arent u posting in the audio forum??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That keyword search is what led me here. I'v found nothing. Im hoping someone with past experience can explain it to me.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,535 Posts
Here we go again.

1) Lift up rear bench seat.
2) Remove rear side armrests that are held down by 12mm bolts.
3) Remove C-pillar panels.
4) Remove 3rd brake light (as you have).
5) Fold down seats.
6) Flex rear deck up and out.

·
Not so Noob now!
561 Posts
I knew I musta left somthin' out! Just my Luc (I know bad pun) Not too bad for just sitt'n at a computer and not going out to look. Eh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts