Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed my rear speaker are not working. My wife's car and I rarely drive it. Might not have ever worked. Any suggestions besides the dealer?? Set on rear speakers (fade to rear) and can barely hear a little base. Super low w/volume on high. 2019 XSE V6 w/premium radio.

·
Registered
Camry 2011 SE
33 Posts
Would advise checking the balance and fade settings on the equalizer. You can go to audio settings to check that. Perhaps it's set with a full bias to the front. If that doesn't turn out to be the problem, rush to Toyota. Lord knows how long they'll take! (They took 42 days to replace my radio / center console switches. Car was in the shop the whole time)

·
Registered
522 Posts
The rear speakers are quiet
Thanks. Set fade to full back. Nada
The rear speakers in these cars are quiet by design because with stereo sound, most of the sound is supposed to be in front of you. If both of them sound low and weak, that is probably the reason. Nobody puts their main speakers behind them at home, right?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am saying no sound from the rear door speakers at all (volume on high) I can feel the rear window speakers (package shelf) vibrate (base) but can't hear them

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just noticed my rear speaker are not working. My wife's car and I rarely drive it. Might not have ever worked. Any suggestions besides the dealer?? Set on rear speakers (fade to rear) and can barely hear a little base. Super low w/volume on high. 2019 XSE V6 w/premium radio.
Take a close look at the wires on the speaker terminals. The terminals are not that durable and a careless load of groceries might break them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2019 and all 4 rear speakers are not working. I can see one speaker wire breaking/coming lose but all 4??

·
Registered
522 Posts
2019 and all 4 rear speakers are not working. I can see one speaker wire breaking/coming lose but all 4??
There are only two speakers in the back: one at the bottom of each door. There are no rear shelf speakers, unless you have the JBL system in which case there is a subwoofer in that shelf, which would explain why you're feeling it and not hearing it, since it's just bass.

Try turning the bass down and setting the fader all the way to the rear. Then turn the volume up at least 8-12 higher than you normally have it. Then sit in the middle of the back seat. Are both the left and right rear speakers playing at around the same level? If so, that's normal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fader ALL the way to the rear. I can feel the sub vibrate w/my hand can and barely hear the sub if I put my ear on it but the rear door speakers -nothing. Thanks for the reply. Going to the dealer and check out a same model

·
Registered
Camry 2011 SE
33 Posts
Let's not make excuses for Toyota's poor quality control with the A/V components in the latest generation of Camry. If something seems off, it probably is!

·
Registered
86 Posts
The rear speakers are in the doors.
Your rear speakers are in the rear doors. Everyone else's REAR speakers are in the REAR....back deck. Check the actual speakers' impedance and wiring. Zero impedance= burned out speaker. Also check the plugs' fit in back of the stereo. May be best to complain to Toyota Service and remind them of the warranty. One speaker shows in the 2019 back deck. Lookit:https://parts.sunrisetoyota.com/images/parts/toyotaOEM/fullsize/a1_866874A.jpg

·
Registered
522 Posts
Your rear speakers are in the rear doors. Everyone else's REAR speakers are in the REAR....back deck. Check the actual speakers' impedance and wiring. Zero impedance= burned out speaker. Also check the plugs' fit in back of the stereo. May be best to complain to Toyota Service and remind them of the warranty. One speaker shows in the 2019 back deck. Lookit:https://parts.sunrisetoyota.com/images/parts/toyotaOEM/fullsize/a1_866874A.jpg
Everybody's rear speakers are in the rear doors. JBL owners also have one subwoofer in the rear deck, just like your image shows.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Everybody's rear speakers are in the rear doors. JBL owners also have one subwoofer in the rear deck, just like your image shows.
Given the same power, you will always perceive midrange as louder than bass from woofers and treble from tweeters. Since you have mapped out all your speakers, figure which are woofers, tweeters or midrange. Generally woofers need 3 times the power as tweeters to match their volume. Any more than that, see if the stereo is using an equilizer to send bass to woofers, midrange to midrange and treble to tweeters.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Given the same power, you will always perceive midrange as louder than bass from woofers and treble from tweeters. Since you have mapped out all your speakers, figure which are woofers, tweeters or midrange. Generally woofers need 3 times the power as tweeters to match their volume. Any more than that, see if the stereo is using an equilizer to send bass to woofers, midrange to midrange and treble to tweeters.
OP’s issue has nothing to do with perceived volume, radio clips coming loose, or the equalizer sending the right frequencies to the right speakers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He did not fix anything. He just read my original post and understood what I said and what the issue was. Thanks for trying to help tho

1 - 20 of 22 Posts