Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am the proud owner of a 2005 Camry, not the most glamorous car but i love it, i drive it everywhere up and down the NSW coast looking for the best surf spots and it never lets me down, always takes there and back home with no problem. I've been doing maintenance and repairing myself since i can find all parts and youtube videos online and so far i have been enjoying getting my hands dirty doing it all myself, and even for my surprise i have been very successful with it.

So, for a while now everytime i drive on rough surfaces hear a rattling noise coming from the rear suspension and i have noticed that the bushings of the rear suspension control arms are pretty much done and it need replacing. I have been looking to replace it with some whiteline or nolathane product, but the problem is that in their website they only have the bushings for the rear trailing arms. I suspect that the same bushings can be used for the control arms but i am not sure and nor are the guys at whiteline by the looks of it, they told me they only supply the bushings for the rear trailing arms of my car, which i think is highly unlikely for a company to make all the bushings for my car's suspension but that particular one. The main reason i want to use the whiteline/nolathane product is because i can install it without having to use a hydraulic press plus they will outlive my car most likely.

Does anyone know if the bushings for the REAR TRAILING ARMS and the REAR CONTROL ARMS are the same?

Just for reference, below are the links for whiteline and nolathane website showing their products available to my car.

Hope somebody can help me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Vangman, thanks for the info, it was pretty helpfull!

I went in there and i couldnt find the exact car model but hopefully it is close enough. My car is ACV34 which is not listed there, but ACV30 is suppose the same, maybe cause i am in Australia it might have a different number...

Bottom line is that the TRAILING ARMS and REAR CONTROL ARMS have different bushings according to our friends at Siberian Bushings.

Have you used any of their products before, are they good quality? Nolathane offers lifetime warranty for all of their bushing but they don't make the bushings i am after and Siberian only offers 6 months warranty for all of their products.

Cheers!

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
9,113 Posts
Hi Vangman, thanks for the info, it was pretty helpfull!

I went in there and i couldnt find the exact car model but hopefully it is close enough. My car is ACV34 which is not listed there, but ACV30 is suppose the same, maybe cause i am in Australia it might have a different number...

Bottom line is that the TRAILING ARMS and REAR CONTROL ARMS have different bushings according to our friends at Siberian Bushings.

Have you used any of their products before, are they good quality? Nolathane offers lifetime warranty for all of their bushing but they don't make the bushings i am after and Siberian only offers 6 months warranty for all of their products.

Cheers!
I have not used any of their bushings yet but they are (as far as I know) one of the few aftermarket sources for polyurethane bushings for the "common Toyota". Try them out, let us know since not many people have tried in the "English-speaking" market.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Trailing arms aren't control arms and control arms aren't trailing arms. Longitudinal vs transverse arms?
Post a picture of your rear suspension. You probably have trailing arms out back. Control arms are up front. Misnomer possible but Toyota suspensions among various models/markets share 'bushings' all too often.

No arm bushings at PSB or ASD

Whiteline, Nolathane, Superpro, SiberianBushings....its great to have competition.

I have a set of poly bushings going in the front control arms of my '04 soon. No noise out back yet but will inspect the back trailing arms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts