Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 T100 4x4
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wheel wells on my '96 T100 are beginning to rust. Anyone have a source that has replacement sheetmetal for the bed?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
Dealership or someone parting their T-100 that's not in the rust belt. :(

Give www.car-part.com a try...but I think shipping will kill you fer an entire bed. Not too many yards will take the time to just ship the sides. :(

How bad are yers? Have you checked on a body shop what they will charge to repair it? ;)

·
Registered
1996 T100 4x4
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine are just starting to go. I was hoping someone made rust repair patch panels like the ones available for American trucks. Those are nice, you cut out the rusty section, use patch panel adhesive to put the patch panel in, fill, prime, and paint.

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,939 Posts
Unless it's rusted through, you could always go the cheap/easy route and sand it, and then apply some Rustoleum Rust Restorer. You knock off any loose rust and spray over the remaining rust and it converts it to a flat black paintable surface. :D There are other professional rust converters out there as well, but probbaly cost more than 6 bucks a can like the rustoleum stuff. I used it on the bed of my truck here (http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354145&highlight=rust+treatment). I havent had the bedliner back out to see how well the Rustoleum stiff is holding up, but maybe it's a start.

Also, I believe Chip n Oreo has been doing some bodywork. He may have a few good solutions for you. Good luck! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts