Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
heres what happened, my last car was totaled on side of road month ago. that was what got me in market for tC. this morning i found a hole in my rear window the size of a silver dollar. the glass at top of hatch back was shattered across the whole width of car. when i opened and shut the hatch, below was the result. bastards!

anyways i have had my TC 13 days. only 500 miles!

anyways, i have been told and read online now, that this may have been attempt to test my security system before breaking in. I have the crappy Scion Security which only goes off if doors are opened. But dont go off if someone smashes glass.

any thoughts?

im soo bummed.

oh, by the way, cost of replacing rear window glass is $850 (minus deductable).

any suggestions on a new security system?

http://www.macronauts.com/dave/images/DSCF0037.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
dude, that blows. I'm getting a tC (whenever it gets here) but without the alarm installed. I'm still shopping around, but there are a few things I'm looking for...
- I want my alarm to call my cell when it goes off. I can't always hear it when I'm at work or even at home.
- get an alarm where you can customize the siren sound. if your alarm sounds just like the others in the neighborhood you'll be in a panic everytime their kid plays with the buttons.
- get something that has an adjustable motion sensor and get it set so passing trucks won't set it off,
- a starter kill switch is a must. even if they break into it, at least they won't be able to go anywhere.

hope this helps.

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
I'd recommend anything by Directed Electronics, Inc. aka DEI. They make Viper, Sidewinder, Wasp, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts