·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to O’reilly’s to pick up a (Trico) 55-100
Outerwear Sleeve Grey Font Collar

To flip up the wiper, since you can’t. Take a
pry tool, and pry the cap towards the passenger side of the car, then you can flip up

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive mirror Vehicle Trunk

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Push down on the right side of the pivot on the wiper blade to rotate the blade out along the pivot

note arm
Natural material Wood Tints and shades Science Space

Eyelash Font Material property Publication Wood

Hand Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Finger

the arm matches the picture for that is used for adapter “A”. Install adapter

install into arm, and push firmly so that it locks into the arm

remove protective sleeving, lay wiper on rear window, rotate cap and slide into arm

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,673 Posts
Thanks for the writeup. I generally prefer to go with OEM inserts when my wipers need to be replaced. I generally can get a few years out of the OEM inserts. Whenever I've replaced my blades with aftermarket, they last a year and need to be replaced again... even expensive and well-known aftermarket brands don't seem to last as long as the OEM inserts. Plus, the OEM inserts are pretty cheap.

You might want to keep the OEM blade just in case you aren't satisfied with the longevity of the replacement blade that you went with.

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the writeup. I generally prefer to go with OEM inserts when my wipers need to be replaced. I generally can get a few years out of the OEM inserts. Whenever I've replaced my blades with aftermarket, they last a year and need to be replaced again... even expensive and well-known aftermarket brands don't seem to last as long as the OEM inserts. Plus, the OEM inserts are pretty cheap.

You might want to keep the OEM blade just in case you aren't satisfied with the longevity of the replacement blade that you went with.
Toyota doesn’t advertise inserts for the rear wiper on the catalog. But you may be able to take the front inserts and trim them down to 10”. But there is no locking mechanism on the wiper insert like the front. The frame tabs are the locking mechanism that keeps the wiper inserts inside the frame.

but I prefer beam style blades for winter snow

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OEM refill for the rear wiper is 85214-42060.

The entire rear wiper blade is 85242-0E110, but appears to be unavailable.
stand corrected

but I found how to disassemble blade

Push the rear section down until it snaps off

Hood Automotive design Bumper Windscreen wiper Automotive exterior

Office supplies Office equipment Automotive design Wood Bumper

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts