Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently rebuilding my mates MR2 as it blew up a couple of weeks ago as it dropped a shell!! so was wondering when its out what tuning mods i could carry out for increased performance before i refit it! so far i am opting for lightening and balancing the bottom end of the engine including conrods and pistons and of course the flywheel also i was going to gas flow the cylinder head and modify the valve seats! what else would you recommend to do to it as would really like a major power hike but still be reliable! any help will be much apriciated!

Thanks Guys
:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
are u rebuilding a 3SGTE??.....u can also do the shimless bucket conversion.....get some cams and cam gears, titanium valves, springs and retainers.....

what turbo is going in the car and how much boost do u plan on running (or how much power are u aiming for??)....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re Rebuild

hey there thanks for your reply mate!

the car in question is not a turbo!!

just a N/A 2.0lt !

Was wanting it to rev a bit better and have a few more horses too but can easily make it rev through lightening and balancing bottom end but i am unfamiliar with toyota tuning as i found with my Fiat Uno i can fit bigger injectors ,Air Flow Meter and increase the intake hose sizes From another Fiat to give it more power !So am wondering if there is any parts that i can rob from engines to do this for the toyota???

Also you may know of some one who has tuned the non turbo lump up before and could tell me how viable it is over converting it to a turbo engine????(do you have anyone with this engine tuned and what power they getting from them?)

My other mate has a turbo and its got about 250Bhp and goes extremely well but not so good for over here with all our wet weather as cant keep the monster pointing the right direction!!! This is why i was going to tune my mates 2.0lt N/A to keep up with the turbo model if not eat it!

was thinking cams if my mate has some spare cash!!

was also looking at exhaust systems (inc manifold) what diameter of exhaust should it have for max power output does anyone know of exhaust specs that work from custom made exhausts any of you guys have manufactured?? as can make alot of parts if i had specifications!!!!

PARTS THAT CAN BE DIRECTLY SWAPPED FROM OTHER TOYOTA ENGINES TO INCREASE THE POWER AND ANY SPECS ON PARTS YOU GUYS MANUFACTURE FOR YOUR RIDES!!

MR Q TURBO LIKE YOUR RIDE!! Sweet Wheels
What is your engine spec in your turbo and what power are you getting from it ??

Sorry for all the questions as am at work and my home network is down so can only use internet from my work at the mo! So am trying to get as much done in one go so i dont get sacked LOL!!!

:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
ah....its a 5SFE.....i don't know all that much about NA motor but theres one or two that have turbo'd them and are making serious power 400+ rwhp but its rare...most ppls opt to work with the 3SGTE to make power.....

my current setup......stock motor......T3/T4 with HKS(wastegate,vpc,afr,P-flow intake,custom full 3" dual draggers), techtom ECU,supra 550s,dual feed fuel rail,aeromotive FPR,walboro fuel pump,greddy IC,etc....before the motor gave...i was making around 300rwhp....

my new setup will be a fully built and balanced motor with arias pistons,eagle rods,shimless bucket conversion,ARP studs,some head work, top feed 780cc injectors...and maybe cams and E-manage...i'm hoping to make around 350-400rwhp when i'm finished....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the engine is a 3sge! does that mean with a bit work i could strap a turbo to it!:confused:

400 HP MMMMMM sounds sweet mate bet it goes some too!!
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts