Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, I just rebuilt my 89 and I have to where it runs for about 10 seconds. It also has this high pitch like sucking sound I think its because I didnt scrape off the old gasket from the intake and just put the new gasket over the old one. =[ anyways my question is do you rally think that is the problem or may it be something else because i didnt replace some of the tubing and some if it is kinda ify and I was wondering of anybody had any other input on my situation.

thanks nick.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
wow...there are so many possible options I'll run out of permissable text space before they're all covered. Start with what you know you did poorly. Once you rule that out, check all the electrical to ensure you hooked everything correctly. Move on to intake pipes and connections and vacuum lines, following the diagrams.

That should keep you buys for a couple of days, and restrict your problem search to components rather than entire systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well I havent touched the car yet. no time as of yet ooorah marine corps.

I had to move it out of the parkinglot today because they where going to tow it hah

it stays at idle now sometimes. the highpitch sound I think is coming from the cams not really sure why but it sounds like it. it also sounds like its not firing right =/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts