Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Toyota Venza
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say the folks at MetroToyota in Dallas/Desoto are great. Since being with them since 2009 they know both me and my wife so that makes things much easier.

This morning I had the brake pedal mod/software/floor covering recall work completed. Before they touched our 2009 our Service Rep knew my wife would not like the reshaped pedal so they did all work as required by mother Toyota then installed a brand new gas pedal. The new pedal looks great and has a very safe, steady feel. Wife's happy so I'm happy.

:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Before they touched our 2009 our Service Rep knew my wife would not like the reshaped pedal so they did all work as required by mother Toyota then installed a brand new gas pedal.
My decoder ring is not working with this sentence :confused:

·
Sunset Bronzed
Venza
17 Posts
So they shaped the original gas pedal. And then replaced it with a new gas pedal (not reshaped)?

Or are the new gas pedals a different shape?

Or is it not just the pedal (flat piece of metal/plastic with rubber pad) but an entire assembly?

I'm still holding off on the recall work for this one because of the pedal.

·
Registered
2009 Venza 2017 Tund
368 Posts
I just met with the Toyota Service Representative {works for Toyota not our dealership}for our whole Wyoming area. According to him, Toyota knew some customers would not like the looks of the "reshaped pedal", so they replace it with a complete new pedal assembly. They even had a "reshaped" pedal and the complete new assembly to show me for appearance comparisons. The new assembly includes the Denso sending unit, new arm and pedal- the whole thing. In "reshaping" your old pedal, they grind off the two lower corners, shorten the arm, then round off the corners and put on a new pad. We did have our dealership order the new assembly, even though the reshaped one would be just fine. We just thought it would be better than the reshaped one. Also they would not allow us to bypass the pedal changes and just do the computer software change for the brake over ride. They said the pedal modification was a US government recall and Toyota had to do as the government required them to do. That was another reason we ordered the complete assembly rather than reshape our old one. If any dealership you might deal with would not understand they can replace the whole assembly, I suggest you contact Toyota directly. This forum will sure teach you that a lot of dealerships don't do their homework. Wyovenza

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Ours has offered a completely new pedal from the beginning, which is nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts