Registered
2004 highlander v6
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and stays in place, one I have is too small and floppy. for front windshield

·
Registered
43 Posts
Covercraft...best out there...thick, once piece segmented, foldable, felt back with reflective surface (not super reflective like aluminum foil which can overheat the windshield glass and compromise the sealant). Fits like a glove hgeld in place by flipping the visors. Keeps out both light and heat.Easily installed by one person from the drivers seat and lifted over the seats with one hand and stored on behind in the second row

Costs a bit more but not a cheap piece of crap......

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,099 Posts
I would second that kind of sunshade. In one of my vehicles, I have the Intro-Tech brand of the same shade as that covercraft. Intro-Tech is a little less expensive. If you like floor liners like Husky or Weathertech, these sunshades are the equivalent in that they’re custom to each vehicle. They block it so we’ll that you don’t get the heat coming thru like with other sunshades that leave big gaps.

·
8,196 Posts
Tint windshield.
Yes, I do KNOW it is "illegal" in most states. I, also, had 2 cars tinted and had no issues in years. This is best ever thing. Don't go rapper dark, go heat reflection. They are very transparent yet, heat is greatly reduced. Dash is not scolding your hands.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Tint depends on local laws and the enforcers.

Llumar has almost clear 80, 85, and 90% tint.
3m has their CR-90
Huperoptik has their Klar85

Make sure you cut out an area for state inspection stickers.... And, remove that inspection sticker carefully since you tech will not be careful.

Exoshield 90%+ is also available for the 'outside'. Obviously the wipers will wear into it and the exoshield will need replacement every so often(comes with 2 year warranty).

I recommend tinting ALL windows. And, don't forget most vehicles are mildly tinted from the factory so don't go too dark if you don't want to be treated like a criminal.

Problem with the Covercraft on most of my vehicles is that it has a little too much clearance for easy fitment. But, it seems to be the best quality and can be snugged by a seamstress by extended the height/width by inch.

With the melting dashes, melting seats, melting door cards, melting interiors..... all from Toyota over the years, I would even consider door window visors and keep all those windows 1/4" open when parked. Drown the interior in Aerospace303 or equivalent. Tint/sunshades only go so far so use some common sense

·
Registered
43 Posts
Problem with the Covercraft on most of my vehicles is that it has a little too much clearance for easy fitment. But, it seems to be the best quality and can be snugged by a seamstress by extended the height/width by inch.

With the melting dashes, melting seats, melting door cards, melting interiors..... all from Toyota over the years, I would even consider door window visors and keep all those windows 1/4" open when parked. Drown the interior in Aerospace303 or equivalent. Tint/sunshades only go so far so use some common sense
[/QUOTE]

No seamstress needed with the correct model Cvedrcraft. Out of the box a ten second install, cool interior with fitment as tight as a clam's a$$.

DSCN1020.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts