Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting, gents. So I wanna wax my Tacoma. I can feel some light gritty dirt embedded in the clear coat. Any recommendations for a light rubbing compound? I want something easy to get off. Forget Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, ugly product to get off the car. Most unfriendly compound I ever used in my life. I mean, it is a real terror to get off.

Do I hate Meguiar's? No, some products are good. The Ultimate Liquid Wax is an easy to use polymer wax and gives a great shine.

So what do you gents like for a cleaner prior to waxing? Thanks. Hot Ajax

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,260 Posts
Have you clayed it?
DA or by hand?
I like the Griots products for paint correction.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SDspeed: No, I haven't clayed it. Seems like too much work. Just looking for a light liquid with a mild abrasive that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thanks. Hot Ajax

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,077 Posts
Just get a clay mitt. Wash the truck then use the soap and water with the mitt to remove anything embedded. Easier than polishing.

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
136 Posts
Autoglym super resin polish. Just apply and then buff off

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Mirror Glaze on a 22 year old Sienna. Original paint. Foam pad on my Makita variable speed buffer and it was really rough when I got the van.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nobescare: thanks, just the type of info I'm looking for. Quick and easy polish before the final coat. Much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts