Toyota Nation Forum banner

5061 - 5074 of 5074 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
225/55/18

Hi,
got a set of wheels 225/55/18 +35offset
I´ve got some rubbing going on in the rear on the struts.
thinking about getting spacers but not sure how that´ll work.
car is still at factory height.
Would spacers be a good solution or are the tire profiles just too big?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey im looking to get a 4 set of varrstoen MK3 rims for my gen 6 camry LE. The rims are 18x9 and the offset is +30. What size tires should i go with and would these even fit? Im also on stock height for now, im looking to get coilovers later. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Toyota Highlander Rims on a 2008 Toyota Avalon

Hey I'm about to buy a set of OEM Toyota Highlander rims the 19's, and i already have tires sitting with me and they are 245/45/19, i wanted to know will these tires work with the rims on my car, I'm assuming that ill need spacers but with that wide of tires i want to know if it'll work with my car.

thanks,
CarGuy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey ya'll. Anyone running 18's all around on their Gen 6 Camry? I'm looking to get 18x8 +35 wheels and was wondering what tires you guys are running without rubbing on stock suspension? I was looking at 225/45/18, would they work?

·
Top TN contributor
3,480 Posts
There's a link above at the top of this thread, SEARCH THIS THREAD, where you can enter 18x8 and get posts in it referencing that size with many discussing et/offset.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not lowered, rolled, 02 SE Stock Suspension

Just want a bigger wheel and less tire. Not really wanting to drop the car at all, just like the look of a bigger wheel.

I like this:
Rial W10X 18 Inch +40mm offset

And 225/45 R18 Continentals

Tire Rack says this is an aggressive fitment and might require modding the wheel well. Does that sound right or are they just covering themselves?

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
Just want a bigger wheel and less tire. Not really wanting to drop the car at all, just like the look of a bigger wheel.

I like this:

Tire Rack says this is an aggressive fitment and might require modding the wheel well. Does that sound right or are they just covering themselves?
If you like OEM look...

You can probably swap in the stock 17" found in the Gen5.5 Camry or the Gen2 Solara Convertible/Gen6 SE (they are the same). I'm not sure if the 18" found in the Gen7 will swap without an issue into the Gen5. I recall some members grabbing the Gen7 SE 18" and it fit with their Gen6.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you like OEM look...

You can probably swap in the stock 17" found in the Gen5.5 Camry or the Gen2 Solara Convertible/Gen6 SE (they are the same). I'm not sure if the 18" found in the Gen7 will swap without an issue into the Gen5. I recall some members grabbing the Gen7 SE 18" and it fit with their Gen6.
Trouble is finding them here or getting them here...

I think these should work as long as the offsett is right. I sized the tires and they are the same diameter and only about a half inch wider than the OE standard that is on there now.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I like this:

Based on this:
http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=60&diameter=16&wheelwidth=6.5&offset=50&width2=225&aspect2=45&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=40 or this
http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=60&diameter=16&wheelwidth=6.5&offset=50&width2=245&aspect2=45&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=40

It looks like this will fit as long as I don't jump any railroad tracks or lower the car. Same diameter and nearly the same distance to the strut but would stick out about an inch further than the stock wheel. I suppose there could be enough suspension travel to get into the outside of the tire, not sure how likely that is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2007 Hybrids -Lowering Kits? -Wheel Fitment?

Need suggestions for a 2007 TC Hybrid.

Currently have stock 16x7 rims with 215/60/16.
I want to switch to 17x7 rims with 225/55/17.

Any hybrid owners run 225/55/17 without rubbing?
Are there any good lowering kits for 2007 Hybrids?

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looking to put some new tires and rims on my 2009 Camry. Going from stock 17s to 235/45/18. Looking to go with a 18 x 8.5 +40 offset. Will that fit fine with stock struts? Also will it be fine (No rubbing) if I decide to do coilovers in the future only lowering it at max about 1 inch? I've looked through some of the thread but, haven't seen anyone with this exact setup with tire size, rim size, and offset on here that posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
^^^why not add up the 9s and 9.5s?
because there IS no recommended wheel offset.
not many people are going to go aggressive, not many are going with even a flush setup.
heck, 95% of the people still don't even know what flush means or how to properly define it.

the few people who do know a thing or two about fitment, seem to be missing.
there still aren't people who are willing to roll their fenders, pull, shave, radius or camber.
many talk, but few pull thru. the gen5 boys are doing even better with going aggressive on their wheels, and i sure do applaud them :)
I know this is super late but I just bought my first pair of rims without even thinking if they’ll fit they are advin wheels(that’s what the guy calls them not sure tho) they are 9.5s offset 22 and they’re 18s could I make them work 🤔

5061 - 5074 of 5074 Posts
About this Discussion
5.1K Replies
491 Participants
Andy301
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing