Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just replaced all 3 cats on our 2005 V6 AWD. Have the old ones all prepped and ready for the highest bidder for the old ones. I've submitted photos to 3 different places and have heard back from 2 so far with quotes of $168 and $185. It'll be a little money recovered from the actual cost of the repair so we figured why not as every dollar counts these days.

Was wondering if anyone has done this before with their old catalytic converters ? If so who did you sell them to ? Was it an easy transaction overall ? Are there any recommended buyers of old catalytic converters by chance ?

Thanks for any input on this :cigar-smoker:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should of been more clear with my post, and that's my mistake. When it comes to selling these old things to a buyer of them, I was referring to online buyers of scrap ones. I know many places go off of the numbers on them now with the sellers getting the short end of the stick for a long time. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with selling their old ones online to a online scrap buyer. I've heard back from 4 different places with quotes of anywhere from $135 - $190. I searched some of these places for reviews and ended up going with one that had more good than bad reviews. Should know something by the end of the week as I already shipped them via UPS to the buyer. I'll update in this thread on the overall transaction once all is said and done with it.

Have to say though the Highlander is running like a top again after having these things replaced. :chug:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE 06/17/2019 $$$ Recieved

So I posted on here just wondering if anyone had recycled their old converters through an online scrap converter buyer, and how their experience was with said online buyer they dealt with in selling the old ones.

Well after receiving quotes from 4 different online buyers I decided to go with Davis Recycling Inc. out of Johnson City, TN.

I shipped them out via FedEx last Monday at a cost of $21.00. If I remember correctly all 3 of the old converters weighed 13.7 pounds and the box I shipped them in was 32L x 7W x 7T. Just for reference it was the old box from the new rear converter right before the muffler.

Davis Recycling received them Wednesday before 12pm est.

The check was in the mail by Thursday morning, and I received it here today.

All in all it was a very straight forward, and easy transaction from start to finish, and I hope this information could help some others in here out if they end up having to replace their converters one day.

Now it's time to figure out what preventative maintenance project this money will go for as there's about 5 on a list right now. :gaah:

Cheers To All :chug:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts