Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i gave my boro cai a makeover, and its a lot better now. it used to be held together with ducttape , and that slipped so the whole intake would sag into a V shape :eek: and fall off a lot. i redid it by using jbweld to attach metal strips that had screw holes, and i replaced the ducttape holding the soup can and first pipe together with a completely jbweld seal (yes, the soupcan is still there). its totally rigid now

before:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=36617

after:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
muahhahahha lol whatever works. just spend the extra money and get an injen one and the extension on solaraguy.com

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know!!! that stuff is soooooooo awesome. this is the first time ive used it and wow, i didnt know glue could be so strong.

i have a question bout it though.... what is it made of? cause one of the tubes says "steel"..... is it like liquid steel or sumtin?

i need to learn to weld for real though

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the thing sagged like crazy before, it made like a 140 degree bend _/

you seroiusly think it looked better before?.................. you're kidding right

i couldnt find rubber couplings from home depot for some reason... i think im just incompetent at shopping. i need a female to accompany next time (just not to clothing stores)

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
i gotta admire the use of the soup can. nice work.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
does the soup can add any extra HP? if it does, i think all of us here on TN are gonna start using a soup can:lol: :lol:

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Nice useage of the soup can:thumbup: :lol: You are very Boro

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Boro Supreme.

But I am playing around in my engine bay too..

Soup cans, tape and ducting are for testing.

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
you took out the duct tape??? no paperclips??? wtf happened man??? you are going soft :thumbdown :thumbdown lol

j/k :lol:

nice work dude!

·
Grenaded piston
6,612 Posts
Xevuhtess77 said:
i have a question bout it though.... what is it made of? cause one of the tubes says "steel"..... is it like liquid steel or sumtin?
The tube says epoxy steel resin. Whatever the hell that is.

I used it to fix a muffler / tuned pipe on my r/c car. :D Works good.

And heres a pic of the rubber couplers:

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,073 Posts
JBWeld is a 10 to 30 minute setting epoxy depending on the type purchased, with a steel (powder) filler. What makes it soooo good is the strength of steel (for compression loading) and the epoxy that sticks really well, and can be used at elevated temperatures without melting. Epoxy (thermo-set) will burn, and when it does it decomposes, into a crumby powder, no melting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts