Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'09 Corolla XLE
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the floor mat/pedal recall service done today. When I got home, I had a look at the cryptically abbreviated description of what the recall involved:

90L PDL & FLR MOD, REFLSH, RMV SND MTL/CLN CRPT COROLLA

I can figure out that "PDL & FLR MOD" means "Pedal and Floor Modification, and "CLN CRPT" means "clean carpet" (which they didn't do, by the way). But what is "RMV SND MTL"?

And particularly, what is "REFLSH"? Could it possibly mean "reflash," as in a firmware upgrade?

Inquiring minds want to know.

·
The Corolla That Could
09 Corolla S
366 Posts
yes, the REFLSH is a reflash, probably the throttle overide with application of the brake. RMV SND MTL : My best guess is Remove Sound Material.

·
It needsa muffler bearing
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
Sound deadeding material is removed and modified. I don't understand why so mnay dealers use abbrieviations like that. I hate reading cs ck rt frt strut

·
Registered
'09 Corolla XLE
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, the REFLSH is a reflash, probably the throttle overide with application of the brake. RMV SND MTL : My best guess is Remove Sound Material.
I tried an experiment today. I pressed the accelerator with my right foot, increasing the RPM on the tachometer. Then I pressed the brake with my left foot. The tachometer didn't budge. So if they did install a firmware upgrade it did not include a throttle override.

I did this with the transmission in Park, so it's possible that the throttle override only works when the car is in motion. I can't think of any reason they'd include that exception, but anything is possible.

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts
90L applies to a lot of vehicles, and includes a reflash on some. Not for the Corolla though.

Jeff

·
It needsa muffler bearing
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
tacoma camry avalon venza i remember for sure. Hybrids already have the feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts