Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just got a great deal on a used 05 prerunner DC with the offroad package that had 8900 miles on it. I love this truck and forum! My question is this, it was built in July 2005. Do I presume that the TSB's that came out prior to this date have been corrected on the truck?

Does the dealer automatically have to fix the outstanding TSBs for free? Thanks for your help.

Paul

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
dunno it's kinda hard to tell. go to the dealer and ask to see the vehicle service history for any repairs. :)

·
Registered
05 Tacoma DC TRD
216 Posts
I would assume they have NOT been fixed. My dealership always gives me the run-around every time I bring my truck in for one saying, "Your truck isn't on the list." then I have to show them that it is.

So, anyway, I've never gotten anything from Toyota saying, "Hey, we need to fix this." nor have I had them tell me when I was in for routine service, so I'd say it's safe to assume the previous owner had no idea about them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can click HERE for more information online about TSB's for your 2005 Tacoma. I would suggest printing them out, and arm yourself with info before hitting the dealerships service department. Toyota Corporate covers all labor and parts involved to repair TSB's, so your dealer should have an incentive to complete the work.

·
TN User
06 Tacoma DBL Cab LB
265 Posts
Yeah, TSB are not like the recall. The dealer are not obligated to complete the TSB before they sell the truck unlike the recall. Is kind of like if he owner complain they will look into it unlike the recall they are required to do it before they sell the truck.

·
forget about "tsb's"
5,418 Posts
usually the dealership will check for recalls, a recall is not a tsb. the only time they would go looking for a tsb is if there is a problem they are trying to diagnose and fix. i would say almost 100% they were not done. remember, just because your vehicle may qualify for the tsb does not mean it's an automatic fix, your truck has to have the condition outlined in the tsb.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Your truck is still under warrenty so if your truck show any sort of trouble they will fix it!!
You cannot just go in and tell them to fix a TSB if your truck doesn't have that specific problem. i.e. there is a TSB for a leaking tranny on the 05' but if your truck is not leaking why would they fix it????
You have 3 yrs. 36,000 miles bumper to bumper coverage your truck only has 8,900. Everything is covered!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts