Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love Priuses
1999 Toyota Camry LE
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, have any of you guys ever used regular home air freshener in your car? I find that Febreze Air Effects ($3) lasts a lot longer in the Camry than the specially-made Febreze car freshener ($4) does. In comparison, those scented "trees" fade quickly over time, and other car sprays don't last even a week, requiring frequent respraying.

"Meadows & Rain" is the Air Effects scent I use, and for once the car doesn't smell like I've used a cover-up spray. It's clean and fresh, something I've been wanting the car to smell like for months now. I even had a friend of mine comment on how the car smelled when I gave her a ride home the other day, something that's never happened. All I do is spray a little bit here and there once every three or four days just to maintain the scent. :thumbup:

It's surprising that something that's not made for use in the car works much better than stuff that is (sorry if this sounded like an advertisement.) Other recommendations are welcome. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
a buddy of mine has a car that he has about 5 air fresheners open at once, it's like walking into a flower shop (but not quite as overpowering)...as long as I keep my car clean, and baby bottle free, it usually smells alrite...a lot better since I've quit smoking for sure :)

but i agree the auto febreeze doesn't work worth a shit, and febreeze air fresheners are awesome (we use them in the house), so yeah, if you are lookin to keep your car smellin like a dozen roses (or random other flowers, or mountains or something) I can see that febreeze would work well :)

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Ive got some "Febreeze Auto" spray that I use. Id bet its exactly the same as normal Febreeze.
I use that, it seems to work well. Everyone who rides in my truck is always commenting how nice I keep it. No McDonald's wrapper, no empy bottles (soda, of course ;) ) and always smells nice.
I just spray the seats and interior carpet with Febreeze about once a month and its all good.
Ive tried those car air fresheners before and they only seem to last a couple of weeks.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,862 Posts
being the ricer i am, i use this ...

this thing works quite good, it lasted for about 2 months?? :dunno:
i'm still on my old one, been like that for 5-6 months, gotta refill the cartridge tho since the scent is dieing

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,305 Posts
^^ i've seen those before, look like little radar detectors.. but how do they work as air fresheners?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.