Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just posted a similar question over in the 10th generation forum but in regards to the 2009's. I just sold my 1996 Corolla DX yesterday and need a replacement. It will be a commuter that I will crank approx. 20,000 miles a year on. I sat in some 05 thru 08 Corolla's and they didn't feel as comfortable as my 96 did. I guess it would just take getting use to. So, are the 9th generation Corolla's as dependable as my previous 1996. I am very anal on maintenance and want a car I can put 200,000 miles on with just basic maintenance. Will the 9th generation Corolla provide this for me or are they not the same they used to be? Any input would be appreciated.

·
I Like Traffic Lights !!!
78 Bronco
520 Posts
I have a 2006 Corolla CE with 200,287 K's on it and I have to say thats it's been aa very reliable car and would recomend one to anyone. I have the 5 speed and the fuel milage is very good and I havn't had to any big repairs. Actually I have had only two repairs, one was covered under warrenty and that was the fuel evaporation canister and the other was my fan belt. I still have the factory brakes on my car with 70 % left on them. Just make sure to change your fluids on time and you will be a happy camper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got an 08 le in sept of 07. since i bought it, i have had nothing but trouble. it is cramped, noisy, and i have had problems with the brakes, tires, electronic mirrors, and my require matince light just went on yesterday. i have less than 5000 miles on it, which is way too low to be having this many problems. please do not make the same mistake i did. i wish i never bought it. it has cost me so much money i should not have had to spend on a new car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i am in an 03 corolla S. I have had it since 05 and the only things i have done to it was oil changes......etc. I have never had to pay one bill for repairs yet.

·
Registered
99 Tacoma SR5 4x4
29 Posts
Bump an old thread cause I don't want to make another one. How reliable are 2003 corolla s automatics? I am looking at one that has 118k miles on it and has always been serviced by toyota. I am hoping this car will last me 4 years while in college.

·
Automotive Philosopher
123 Posts
Consumer Reports recommends all Corolla years between 2002 to 2010 as used cars.

That said, definitely get a pre-purchase inspection from a mechanic you know and trust.

Maintenance is pretty much foolproof. If an ASE certified mechanic can't service or repair one of these, he needs to look for another line of work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.