Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you rate your Camry for reliability from a scale of 1-10. 10 being the most reliable.

Also state:
1. Year
2. Engine type (V6 or 4 Cylinder)
3. Mileage
4. Problems/repairs

I would give my Camry a 8.5 out of ten for reliability.
It's a 2002 V6 with 164,000 KM
I was not the original owner and bought the car about 4 years ago, with 96,000 KM. One oxygen sensor went shortly after I bought it but maybe the previous owner used cheap gas or drove short distances. Also at about 140,000 Km, the air con compressor went. Either than that, the car has been quite reliable.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
2003 camry se
v6
94k miles

i just encounter a problem the other day when i went in for a smog check, there seem to a mlf on my speed sensor which cause the smog to fail but i got speed sensor to reprogram and pass the smog today but the smog tech say it is still there.

otherwise car have been great, i just got a 90k service for it, new waterpump, cam seal, ps/ac belt basicly everything the 100k needed. It run strong and smooth now, i rate it a 9.0.

·
Registered
56 Posts
1999 Japan Built
v6
140,000 miles
none major, only thing replaced under warranty was the radio due to a bad cd player
replaced timing belt, belt and water pump at around 80k, replaced spark plugs, wires, and egr sensor around 100k struts need to be changed now.
10/10

2003 US Built
I4
47,000 miles
oil pan leak at 30k along with steering colum, water pump leaking at 35k, transmission exchanged at 47k and next week getting the struts replaced
7/10

·
Ted
811 Posts
I4
10xxx miles
air conditionining turns off every 5 minutes. I just don't like how long it takes the car to warm up in general.
9/10

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
There is a whole website for reliability, etc.........

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My apologies if this has been posted. However, what i do want to say is, searching for a topic such a "reliability" or variation of, you can get many hits. At the end I was not able to find the post for something similar to this.

In reality, there are only so many topics to discuss and sooner or later, similar topics will resurface, which is fine, if you ask me, as new members join, new ideas come about, etc.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I started the other thread. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts