Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 CelicaGT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I don't own a Tacoma at the moment, but im looking around and doing some research before i go buy. I was wanting to get an 05 XR, but with me wanting to buy a house soon, that would be another payment id have to worry about.
So, i was looking at getting an 01-04 Tacoma quad cab.
to those that own one, how do u like it?
Hows the room?
Engine pull hard?

I have a 4yr old son im getting to see alot more now and im comming from a 2 seater Celica to a truck. Im kinda thinking about getting the 4x4 so i can tak it off road with my buddies when i want.
Plus, Ohio winters suck sometimes and i live up a dirt driveway.

My plans r to get some nice rims on it for the summer times and for winters get some nice snow tires.
a small system. maybe a 10 or 12 inch sub with a couple monitors for my son.
Exhaust and intake would be a must.

what should i look for when searching for a used Tacoma?
What package would be best for me?

Thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
dbl cab

Dont get the 4cyl get a v6.They only come with auto trans.The only problem mine has had is dash rattles that I fixed myself.The rear springs are soft and sag easily.Airlift airbags solved that problem.Get the trd package if you can it has the locker in the rear.It gets pretty good milage for a truck.I dont know too much about the subs.Im 43 and way past the loud music thing.Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree. Get the V-6.

And whatever you do, stay out of the new Tacomas. If you set in one, you'll want to buy one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts