Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure if this was suppose to be in Audio or not, but I did re-do stuff to my camry and there are more people that check out this forum than the audio, so here goes.

Some of you guys know that I've been planning and working on building my own sub system for my trunk. I'm now finished with the box and subs, buy i still got more work to do in the trunk. Check out the pics....(Before to After)

1-2 Layer of Fiberglass

4-5 Layers of Fiberglass

Body Filler

That's is so far, still need to carpet and dynomat the trunk, and then put plexiglass over the amp. Tell me what you guys think.

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
looks hot man, so you went from Premier to the JLs, did you like the Premiers, i know the JLs rock:thumbup: im a big fan of both

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
nice... mind if I borrow some ideas from that o_O?

how thick is that wood, I just need something to put my 2 12"s in that have been sitting in my basement for awhile...

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DrtySthV6SE. I like both of them also. Future plan is to add two more 10" JL W6V2's in the trunk as well.

Ruffrydasean, the wood is actually 3/4 MDF boards that i put together with some wood glue and liquid nails to seal. Then 7-8 layers of f/g, then body filler, then spray paint.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drew, I just used a blue spray paint that i bought from home depot. It has gloss already in it, so all i did was black primer it and then spray it with the blue. I still need to do some little areas, but the most important is to carpet the damn thing.

Then I gotta put the dynomat, and i'll be ready to start on the next 10" project to go in the side wheel wells.:D

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Looks amazing War! Considering this was your first time working with 'glass, much respect on doing it yourself :thumbup:

Any thing you learned in this process that you would do differently next time?

·
Official TN Rice Hater
97 camry le
378 Posts
i would love to say something about it but it says that u exceeded you bandwith.:dunno:

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phi, thanks alot. it was pretty tough considering it was my first with 'glass, but it was also really fun. Now that i know how to do it (somewhat), i think i'm gonna make another one but a different style than a box, maybe something crazy:D

If anything, next time i would lay out the 'glass a little bit more cautiously. as you can see in the pics, by the time i got to 5 layers, the 'glass was sort of hanging off the edge and i had a hard time keeping the edges and sides even. In the end, i ended up pasting body filler over it to even out the edges that ended up bubbling up because i didn't even it out enough to fold over.

If anybody wants a box, let me know. I wouldn't mind doing it again. the more i practice, the better. If you want a certain design, draw it out and send it to me. I'll need dimensions of how big you want it also. You'll have to tell me the length, width, and height, as well as the cubic feet inside for the sub to fit into. It'll take some time, but I'll see if i can make another, just pm me.

also, thanks for all your replies guys. You guys inspire me to want to do more with your replies!!!

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Aww you exceed bandwidth :(

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is there anyway i can make my bandwidth higher using allbrandnu?

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New Domain Site.....

Check out the pics HERE

1 - 20 of 28 Posts