Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TIM (Cliffy)
1998 T100
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my 1998 T100 with the same year. The new one came withe the factory security. I would like to know what the second button is for, there are onley two one has bumps and the other is smooth. What is the smoothe one for?

·
Registered
'02 Tundra SR5 4x4
25 Posts
The top button is to arm/disarm the security system, it also functions as a panic button. If you hold the top button for 3 secs (I think, maybe 5), it'll set the alarm off. The bottom button can be used for a second vechicle with the same security system. It is also used for programming. To turn on auto arming, sit in the drivers seat with the door closed, turn the key to the "ON" position, press and hold both buttons for 5 seconds until the security light comes on. Within 5 seconds press the top button once to turn on auto arming (security system will automatically arm 30 seconds whenever you turn off & exit the vehicle, but I don't think it locks doors automatically), or press the top button twice to turn off auto arming. Then within 30 seconds, turn the key back to "OFF" and remove the key. The piezzo chirper should chirp a few times to confirm programming has been preformed. There's are other programming options too, search the net for an RS3000 manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts