Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Camry XSE; 2019 Corolla hatchback XSE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My remote Connect screwed up Friday. It was working fine up until then. After waiting a really long time for the status to update, I get the error that there's trouble communicating with my car. No error code, just a little statement. The mileage, fuel, and tire pressure shows normal, but it shows the "!" by status like my doors are unlocked, but I made sure they are locked. When I tap the pic of my car to get status, it's all blank and shows last update as Friday Dec 20. Last parked location, last trip is stuck on that. I can remotely start the car keyfob, so I'm not sure what that means. I can also use the app for my wife's Corolla with no issues. She gets the same error when she tries to use the app for my car. I'm on Android, OnePlus 6T and she's on an iPhone XR. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, removed and re added my car, and did a force stop and cache clear of the app with no luck. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 RAV4 XSE. Love my car but can’t even get app to set up. I have an I Phone 11 and have tried a dozen times to get it set up. I put the authorization code in my car, says it is authorized, then app (after waiting) states “unable to authorize”. Tried my SOS button and was told it was for emergency services only, not troubleshooting. Dealer says they will call me, no call. Should I just give up?

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,297 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the cars battery for 15 minutes? That should reset the DCM.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to try the battery disconnect this weekend. I thought I read somewhere that it could be reset via techstream, but I'm not 100% sure. Oh, and the remote start w/keyfob stopped working a couple of weeks ago. When I had my techstream on it, it had a stored code, 1117 iirc. It was listed as body code, no communication or some such.

·
Registered
2020 Camry XSE V6
6 Posts
I can confirm that disconnecting the battery fixed it for my 2020 exhibiting the same symptoms as yours.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Thanks for the info. Definitely gonna do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I pulled the ground off the battery and left it off for a good half hour. Hooked it back up, did the authorization for the app, and it appears to lock/unlock/start car now, but the mileage and fuel is wrong. Also, I have to manually refresh to get an update showing that doors are locked or unlocked.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,297 Posts
So I pulled the ground off the battery and left it off for a good half hour. Hooked it back up, did the authorization for the app, and it appears to lock/unlock/start car now, but the mileage and fuel is wrong. Also, I have to manually refresh to get an update showing that doors are locked or unlocked.
Give it a day or two and it'll probably fix itself. It'll send you notifications if any of the doors are unlocked. Usually within 2-6 minutes. If you have the app open, yeah, you'll have to refresh it manually. Though even if you have the app opened in the background, the notifications will still go through to let you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took my RAV4 to the dealer on Tues. They disconnected the battery and it worked! However, it stopped working again last night... Will not connect or update status. Fix Lasted 3 days

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have been getting error message on the app also. It shows error to connect then it spins for a while and it still starts the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Corolla HB, bought the car and remote connect just worked for 1 day. Disconnected and reconnected the battery and now it works again. Hopefully it will last. Will keep you posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts