Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my Toyota Remote Connect App since last year. They just updated the App to the latest version at the end of last month and it broke the Remote Connect. I have a Samsung S9+ and have a case open with Toyota. I reported it last Friday and so far they have made no fix. The rep handling my case today said even after I told him it has always worked with this phone since February of this year " Just so you know, that phone isn't on the approved list yet" I told him that the phone has always worked until they made the recent change with the App and on their network side. I told him the requirements are Android 6 and up. My old phone with Nougat still works so they did something that effects the 8.0 Oreo. I told him I even tried older versions of the App and they still don't work with the 8.0 on my S9+. The errors I get are known network errors on their side. Entune fun never ends......................

Moderator here: Disconnect the car battery for 15 minutes. Apparently this resets the DCM and the remote connect should work after doing this.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird. Mine is working on both iOS 12 and Android 9. Do you have a spouse/friend with a different phone you can try?
My wife has an older phone with Android 7 and it works. I tried my old HTC One with Android 6 and it works. I found out today even though it throws Toyota Network errors and takes a while to get there, it actually does complete the task. I'm glad I went out and checked my car in the garage as it did start and with the garage door closed thats not a good thing. Depending if your trying to open or close doors, start or stop engine or just refresh the status they all have a different codes they throw after saying it couldn't complete the task. I cleared the cache on my phone and reinstalled the app and still the same results. I want to give them a little more time before I try a complete factory reset just because of one app. I even tried an older version and the same results so I still feel its something on their back end Servers.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have several apps on my Android that bitch about network errors, but the apps actually work. I think google is not letting apps ping hosts anymore.

Does it do the same on both WiFI and Cell?
Yes on both. Door lock error code TDR053. Door unlock doors error code TDR052. Engine start or stop error code THV155. Refresh status error code TVH267 and followed by status unavailable and unable to process. The functions actually do happen you just don't know this until you actually go out and check the vehicle. Here is what the latest version was suppose to fix:

What's New
- Improvements to permissions requests
- For Android 8.x devices: added app shortcuts to initiate start engine, open and close door commands from the app icon
- Ability to perform a remote engine start from notifications. Go to settings -> Schedule Remote Start to setup.
- Improvements to the user interface and bugfixes

Since they seemed to be focusing on fixes for Android 8.0 phones, my guess they were trying to fix issues with other models and in the process messed up my Samsung Galaxy S9+ by introducing some newly created bugs.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone else have a Samsung S9 or S9+ and if so is it still working after all the latest updates with the Remote Connect? Toyota rep called me yesterday and said they were still trying to figure it out, but they don't have any Samsung 9 or 9+ to test. They probably don't have the latest of any phones for testing..........

·
Registered
2018 Camry XLE
475 Posts
Does anyone else have a Samsung S9 or S9+ and if so is it still working after all the latest updates with the Remote Connect? Toyota rep called me yesterday and said they were still trying to figure it out, but they don't have any Samsung 9 or 9+ to test. They probably don't have the latest of any phones for testing..........
Have an S9 and everything is working fine. I have all the software and firmware updates on phone, and head unit.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also noticed this latest version of the Entune 3.0 app has many of the icons missing from it, even though they still show up on the Camry Head Unit Display. They described the fixes for that app as:

WHAT'S NEW
Thank you for using Toyota Entune™ 3.0 App Suite Connect! This update includes the following improvements:
• Simplified user interface
• Bluetooth Connection Tutorial
• Various minor updates, enhancements, and bug fixes

On mine it looks like they simplified it by removing half of the apps from the phone display. I guess there getting us ready for next month when they permanently remove and drop Pandora..........

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't use it very often but tried it yesterday and app kept crashing when it loaded. Over and over. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, etc and now I have to re log in. After I put my UN and PW in, it goes back to the app and continues to crash the same way.

Just now though, which led me to check here, I tried it again and after logging in, I get the "Unable to Process - We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again (STE001)

I also noticed when I reinstalled it, the latest update date in Play Store said Oct 24th

I'm on Android with a J7 Perx that upgraded to Oreo about a week and half ago. Pretty sure but not positive I had used Remote Connect at least once after that update so I'm thinking the Oct 24th update broke mine

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using Samsung S8 and the toyota remote app was working perfectly since a day ago. after the recent updates the app does not even connect to my Car, What Should I do. Someone please help me with this.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,284 Posts
I am using Samsung S8 and the toyota remote app was working perfectly since a day ago. after the recent updates the app does not even connect to my Car, What Should I do. Someone please help me with this.
Delete the app. Restart the phone. Download the app. See if that works.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got off the phone with Toyota Canada they said they are aware of issues of remote connect giving out errors or just spinning and nothing happening they said they couldn’t help me and had to go visit a technician at Toyota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased my 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE in Nov 2017. Remote Connect had been working with my Android Samsung S7 cellphone just fine all the way through October 2019. I believe this was around the time I received a SW update (at the dealership while getting other scheduled maintenance done). The people are great at this dealership but they have not been able to resolve. It has been escalated to SME after SME but to no avail as of yet. I'm three months in and on my 6th visit as they have tried resolving with new subscriptions, uninstalling and reinstalling of software and app (to the cell), replacing the hardware (control module) and it still results in the same error. Toyota SME also had me reinstall a newer app called "Toyota". The original was titled "Remote Connect". To no avail. On the new app, (Toyota), the error code showed as E1. I can't recall the error code of the top of my head but the error codes are different between the two apps. If I get it from the Tech, I will post it. In short, 4 months later, three subject matter experts later and they are still stumped...working it...but stumped. If I get it fixed, I will certainly post it out here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Remote Connect error code is: THS167. THS stands for Toyota Hybrid System so I assume this error code is specific to hybrid models. The other app installed on my cell is called simply "Toyota" has an error code of "E1".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a follow up to my post 6 days ago. Toyota did find the solution to my issue and my issue may be an isolated case. I purchased the 2018 Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid in Nov 2017. At the time, the FOB Remote Start was not available for the 2018 Camry. I chose to use Toyota Remote Connect app and all worked well but that was at a monthly or annual cost to use. A few months into owning the car with Toyota not being able to provide the FOB Remote Start, they offered to install another option, CL6 (which is an option to remote start using an app on your phone....very much the same as using the Toyota Remote Connect app). There was no subscription to using CL6 but little did I know at the time, Toyota had to install a "control module" onto my vehicle for it to work with the CL6 app. Well, for over a year and a half, all worked find with both apps on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. In October 2019, Toyota did an upgrade to the SW (I believe it was tied around the Google Play update). That's when I started having issues. After several months of investigating and several visits, Toyota finally realized when the new software was installed onto my vehicle in Oct 2019, it caused a conflict with the software not being able to communicate to the Toyota control module as the CL6 control module was preventing it from doing so. Once they removed the CL6 control module and reworked the wiring back to the Toyota remote control module direct, EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD!!! It's been a long 4 months for sure...and I hope this post helps anyone who may have been going through the same issues. As a sidenote, I did not care for the CL6 app at all and it was something that Toyota should never have installed on my car (but it was their way to appease me since the 2018 FOB Remote Start was not available at the time). The Toyota Remote Connect app is better than both CL6 and the newer app titled Toyota. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my Toyota Remote Connect App since last year. They just updated the App to the latest version at the end of last month and it broke the Remote Connect. I have a Samsung S9+ and have a case open with Toyota. I reported it last Friday and so far they have made no fix. The rep handling my case today said even after I told him it has always worked with this phone since February of this year " Just so you know, that phone isn't on the approved list yet" I told him that the phone has always worked until they made the recent change with the App and on their network side. I told him the requirements are Android 6 and up. My old phone with Nougat still works so they did something that effects the 8.0 Oreo. I told him I even tried older versions of the App and they still don't work with the 8.0 on my S9+. The errors I get are known network errors on their side. Entune fun never ends......................

Moderator here: Disconnect the car battery for 15 minutes. Apparently this resets the DCM and the remote connect should work after doing this.
I took my 2020 RAV4 to the dealer 4 days ago. They disconnected the battery, and it worked! That is until last night. It stopped again. So it's not a permanent fix

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an s9. It stopped working mid January. Dealer disconnected my car battery for 20 mins and it worked again. But only for 3 days. It stopped working again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Remote Connect often will not work for me on my 2019 Camry XLE if I launch it from a notification (Android). It will just get stuck on "Connecting" - but if I launch the app directly it works fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts