Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody still having issues or able to use the Toyota App on their phone to lock/unlock and start their car? Mine worked for about 2-3 weeks after I bought the car but hasn't worked for the last 15 days. It still shows the Odometer correctly and fuel milage. The other strange thing is that it shows my last travel correctly but shows my last parked location incorrectly and hasn't changed in two weeks. Toyota tech says it is a issue on their end but two weeks sounds like a long time to have a known issue and not have it addressed as of yet.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,081 Posts
If you have a 2020 camry, yes. A lot of people with the 2020 have issues with remote connect. i want to say it's probably an issue with at&t because the 2020 camry uses at&t network now, not verizon.

If not the 2020 camry, then it might be local issue. I have no issues with my remote connect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, its a 2020 XSE. Strange that it worked flawlessly, then all of a sudden, just quit working. Kind of frustrating, I would really like to be able to use it, especially in the winter months.

·
Registered
2020 Camry XSE; 2019 Corolla hatchback XSE
21 Posts
Mine has been down since 20DEC. It shows my car as being unlocked, parked at work, and last trip to Walmart on that day. The mileage and fuel is correct, however. I've talked with Toyota and they've informed me that it's an issue on their end, but it seems to be going on for quite a while. For the last few days, my app is showing that the service is being refreshed and should be back to normal in 24 hours. It's been about 4 days now. 2020 Camry XSE. App works just fine for my wife's 19 Corolla hatchback XSE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm an iPhone user .. I just noticed that there are two apps the work for me and remote connect. The remote connect app (2yrs old) and now a toyota app (5monhs old) which looks a little more modern (maybe) that includes health report; driver score based on number of fast acceleration, harsh cornering, and harsh breaking in the last 30days; recent trip map. Both use the same sign-in. Might check if one works better than the other .. for me, both work fine w/2019 xse.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,081 Posts
I'm an iPhone user .. I just noticed that there are two apps the work for me and remote connect. The remote connect app (2yrs old) and now a toyota app (5monhs old) which looks a little more modern (maybe) that includes health report; driver score based on number of fast acceleration, harsh cornering, and harsh breaking in the last 30days; recent trip map. Both use the same sign-in. Might check if one works better than the other .. for me, both work fine w/2019 xse.
I believe the original toyota remote app does not work for the 2020 vehicles. At least that's what people have been telling me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried my galaxys S9+, iPhone 7 and ipad2 and none of them will remote start. I can only view the information

·
Registered
2019 Camry XSE V6
82 Posts
I had pretty much the same experience on my '19 XSE - worked flawlessly for a couple weeks right after I bought the car and then all the sudden completely stopped working. I assumed that this might happen so when I purchased I also bought a hardware remote start that the dealer installed a later date. I was told the car did not have any kind of a remote start system other than through the app so that is why I had one installed that worked with the Camry remote. Kind of seems like after they did the install none of the remote connect stuff worked anymore. So, in the end I did not pay for the service once the free time period ended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts