Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I have a 2014 Camry SE. We have lost all of the keys for the vehicle and it is sitting in my driveway locked. I called the local toyota dealer and they told me it would be $180 for the key and $300 for the programming and I will have to have it towed to the dealership. Do I have any other (less expensive) options. It is not blocking the other car so It's not an emergency. But I do need to get that car back in operation.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Camry XLE, 2007 HiHy Limited
62 Posts
Is the $180 for a cut key? I don't see any other way around that one if you've lost all the keys. As for programming that can be done DIY for both the remote and the transponder chip if you're tech savvy enough to get a copy of Techstream running on a laptop connected to your car's OBD2 port via a Mini VCI cable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You are going to have to get one key made at least to move forward with programming yourself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
139 Posts
This is where I bought my key, got it programmed, then had it cut at a local locksmith.

·
Captain Camry
407 Posts
Do it with a third party vendor instead of Toyota. I got a nice flip key for $160, programmed and cut and they came to me. I'm sure that a third party will be cheaper than Toyota, even if it is locked out. There's tons of locksmiths out there looking for money right now. Find someone that's been in business a while. They've got to be licensed in order to operate, but that's about it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts