Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - My daughter just purchased a 2009 Corolla with the remote on the Key. It wasn't working, so I switched the battery, and now the light comes on when I push a button, but it does not work. I then tried the reset that I saw here and on Youtube. I did it two times, and it did not work. How many times should I try to reset? Should I give up and just get a new remote?
Thanks
J.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
284 Posts
Hi - My daughter just purchased a 2009 Corolla with the remote on the Key. It wasn't working, so I switched the battery, and now the light comes on when I push a button, but it does not work. I then tried the reset that I saw here and on Youtube. I did it two times, and it did not work. How many times should I try to reset? Should I give up and just get a new remote?
Thanks
J.
I work at the dealership. Do you have both keys? If not it is time for a trip to the dealer you have to have both keys to reprogram the built in fob on them and you can’t use the valet key either. If you see the light it can detect the fob is there but it may not be set right it maybe in the computer but if you don’t have both keys it is not going to work at all only the light will show saying it’s recognizing the chip in the key but not any activity from the key so that’s another trip to the dealership problem. At the dealership we have to hook a computer up and do it that way if you only have one key and it is costly for us to even take it in the shop because likely a new remote wouldn’t sync with the computer either if it is not taking that one usually it does it the first time you try to reset it usually doesn’t give an issue. If you have both keys be sure both are in the vehicle when you are trying to program it.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
Thanks
J.
Time for a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work at the dealership. Do you have both keys? If not it is time for a trip to the dealer you have to have both keys to reprogram the built in fob on them and you can’t use the valet key either. If you see the light it can detect the fob is there but it may not be set right it maybe in the computer but if you don’t have both keys it is not going to work at all only the light will show saying it’s recognizing the chip in the key but not any activity from the key so that’s another trip to the dealership problem. At the dealership we have to hook a computer up and do it that way if you only have one key and it is costly for us to even take it in the shop because likely a new remote wouldn’t sync with the computer either if it is not taking that one usually it does it the first time you try to reset it usually doesn’t give an issue. If you have both keys be sure both are in the vehicle when you are trying to program it.
Thank you. I do have both keys, but I did not realize you need both at the same time. I will retry.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
284 Posts
Thank you. I do have both keys, but I did not realize you need both at the same time. I will retry.
If that doesn’t work then you will have to go to the dealership so hopefully it does work for you. Sometimes the computer just won’t take it especially if it has been down for a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts