Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2018 Camry XSE V6 with the JBL system. However, I cannot get the remote start to work, either on my phone (I get error code THV200) or the key fob (just doesn't work).

I did have an issue registering for remote connect and had to call Toyota. They managed to register me on their end, but I was never able to use the app to connect to the car. All it's good for is to tell me the car's location.

Has anyone else run into this?

·
1,624 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2018 Camry XSE V6 with the JBL system. However, I cannot get the remote start to work, either on my phone (I get error code THV200) or the key fob (just doesn't work).

I did have an issue registering for remote connect and had to call Toyota. They managed to register me on their end, but I was never able to use the app to connect to the car. All it's good for is to tell me the car's location.

All the doors are locked, hood closed, trunk closed, windows up, and panoramic roof is closed but it's still not turning on the car when you use the app, right? Can you lock or unlock the doors? It might be something with the cars DCM or ECU not accepting the commands. Try installing toyota remote connect on another phone if it still doesn't work you will have to call toyota again or go to the dealer to have them look at it.

** Forgot to add, that I have seen this error before on my side at least once but ever since then it worked with no problems.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

All the doors are locked, hood closed, trunk closed, windows up, and panoramic roof is closed but it's still not turning on the car when you use the app, right? Can you lock or unlock the doors? It might be something with the cars DCM or ECU not accepting the commands. Try installing toyota remote connect on another phone if it still doesn't work you will have to call toyota again or go to the dealer to have them look at it.

** Forgot to add, that I have seen this error before on my side at least once but ever since then it worked with no problems.
Right, everything's closed. I can't unlock/lock through the app either. I'm more concerned about being able to remote start with the key fob, but that's also a no go

Thank you for the reply

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Toyota and got it resolved. Looked like an issue on their end, as they had written in their system that I had opted out despite me having the apps and paired my car. this caused every command to be blocked

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wasn't aware that Toyota offered remote start on the key fob?? That's news to me.. but if you have one and it isn't working then that seems like a legit problem. I would take it to the dealership and have them fix it.

The Remote Connect app is pretty useless IMO. The engine stops as soon as you open the doors.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I wasn't aware that Toyota offered remote start on the key fob?? That's news to me.. but if you have one and it isn't working then that seems like a legit problem. I would take it to the dealership and have them fix it.

The Remote Connect app is pretty useless IMO. The engine stops as soon as you open the doors.
The engine shutting off when you open the doors has always been the feature for Toyota. If you have your car running in the parking lot or anywhere for that matter and someone attempts to steal your car, you'll be happy that it shut off. Call it theft prevention.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
The engine shutting off when you open the doors has always been the feature for Toyota. If you have your car running in the parking lot or anywhere for that matter and someone attempts to steal your car, you'll be happy that it shut off. Call it theft prevention.

Other car manufacturers, like Chevy, have what they call a "Takeover" mode. It remains running when you get into the car, but in order to put it in gear you still have to hold the brake pedal and push the push button start. I'm surprised Toyota hasn't moved forward with this technology at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts

Door locks are a pretty good measure for theft protection aren't they? Remote start wont work unless the windows are rolled up and doors locked. Also, if I'm in a public place I wouldn't be remote starting my vehicle unless I can visually see it and get to it quick. Let's be honest, Toyota just does this feature all wrong.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Think how you want but not everyone will be in the same situation as you. Door locks on and windows up are just to keep an honest person honest. Won't stop someone from taking what they want. We can agree to disagree but it's how Toyota does it and it can't be changed through techstream.
Door locks are a pretty good measure for theft protection aren't they? Remote start wont work unless the windows are rolled up and doors locked. Also, if I'm in a public place I wouldn't be remote starting my vehicle unless I can visually see it and get to it quick. Let's be honest, Toyota just does this feature all wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I called Toyota and got it resolved. Looked like an issue on their end, as they had written in their system that I had opted out despite me having the apps and paired my car. this caused every command to be blocked
Hello, I believe I have the same problem, I just bought a new 2019 RAV4 (Limited hybrid), the Remote Connect phone app to start/lock/unlock was working perfectly until recently, now it only gives error codes on each, and the key fob no longer remote starts, but it works fine to lock/unlock/open rear hatch. Who exactly did you speak with at Toyota to resolve your account settings, or what was the phone number you used? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Other car manufacturers, like Chevy, have what they call a "Takeover" mode. It remains running when you get into the car, but in order to put it in gear you still have to hold the brake pedal and push the push button start. I'm surprised Toyota hasn't moved forward with this technology at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I have a good 10 minute walk from my desk to my car and in the winter, that remote start from the app is such a life saver, but I hate that the car turns off when I unlock the doors. It's just annoying. I had an older Dodge Journey that would keep running but you still had to hold the brake pedal and push the push button start.

I also really hate how they implemented the remote start from the key fob. For the life of me, I can't understand why the fob doesn't have a single button for remote start. Instead, I've got to press the lock button a certain number of times and hope I get the sequence correct.

I love my car, but some things make me shake my head.

·
1,624 Posts
For the life of me, I can't understand why the fob doesn't have a single button for remote start.
Minimalism? Toyota doesn't want 5-6 buttons on a key fob so they intergrated it into a current button. You have a better chance at accidentally starting the car with a separate button? Or others starting it for fun? I don't know i like it simple and less buttons.

Car turning off when you open the door is just how Toyota/Lexus does it. Not sure if it's a cultural thing or they tested both ways and saw that this is better? Who knows...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 tundra, remote start worked with key fob, then stopped working when I registered the remote connect app. Neither app or fob worked. After many attempts with the app, I finally removed t from my truck and phone, after a day, now the fob works. Not sure if it’s coincidence or the app was faulting the fob system.

·
1,624 Posts
I have a 2020 tundra, remote start worked with key fob, then stopped working when I registered the remote connect app. Neither app or fob worked. After many attempts with the app, I finally removed t from my truck and phone, after a day, now the fob works. Not sure if it’s coincidence or the app was faulting the fob system.
Either that or the toyota servers were having issues or with registering your VIN to the app. Wait a couple of days and reinstall the app.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My remote connect services is still broken. On the account page for my connected services status, it has the "opted in" message listed under the "service connect" option, but under the "remote connect" option the message area is just blank, i.e. not showing the "opted in" message as the service connect shows. I have to think this is what's causing the remote connect app & key fob failure. The key fob will function but only to lock and unlock the doors. I have talked to both Toyota support at 800 331 4331, and a local service dealer but both are stumped as to why it's broken, after working perfectly when I first picked up the RAV4 in June.

·
1,624 Posts
My remote connect services is still broken. On the account page for my connected services status, it has the "opted in" message listed under the "service connect" option, but under the "remote connect" option the message area is just blank, i.e. not showing the "opted in" message as the service connect shows. I have to think this is what's causing the remote connect app & key fob failure. The key fob will function but only to lock and unlock the doors. I have talked to both Toyota support at 800 331 4331, and a local service dealer but both are stumped as to why it's broken, after working perfectly when I first picked up the RAV4 in June.
Did toyota support erase the connection from the car and toyota server systems? Either it's some kind of conflict with the cars VIN and toyota servers or the ECU needs to be changed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did toyota support erase the connection from the car and toyota server systems? Either it's some kind of conflict with the cars VIN and toyota servers or the ECU needs to be changed.
I noticed there is a way to delete the vehicle from the account, but apparently it's purpose is to remove ownership of the vehicle, which I don't want to do of course. I have tried to re-activate Entune to my account where you enter the new activation code on the vehicle's touchscreen, but it did not work. I guess Toyota will need to elevate this to somewhere else, to resolve it. The dealer cannot authorize any hardware replacement without their diagnostic software (Techstream?) telling them it's a hardware failure issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
According to its wesite Toyota no longer supports remote connect for models older than 2020.

What is the point?
Just bought a 2019 Camry SE and I can't get myself registered at all.

Any clue?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts