Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
According to its wesite Toyota no longer supports remote connect for models older than 2020.

What is the point?
Just bought a 2019 Camry SE and I can't get myself registered at all.

Any clue?
I'm not sure if that's true. I just bought a 2019 camry XSE v6 4 days ago and though I did have trouble setting it up initially (my dealer set my account up for me but used the wrong e-mail) I was able to connect just fine after I called the toyota remote connect people yesterday. I just tried it right now and can confirm that it does work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure if that's true. I just bought a 2019 camry XSE v6 4 days ago and though I did have trouble setting it up initially (my dealer set my account up for me but used the wrong e-mail) I was able to connect just fine after I called the toyota remote connect people yesterday. I just tried it right now and can confirm that it does work.
Good news, thanks for sharing.
Are you able to start your car remotely through the app and key fob now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good news, thanks for sharing.
Are you able to start your car remotely through the app and key fob now?
I dont have a remote starter through the key fob, unless it comes with it stock and I wasn't informed about it lol. I do use it through the app just fine. The app is just a little slow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont have a remote starter through the key fob, unless it comes with it stock and I wasn't informed about it lol. I do use it through the app just fine. The app is just a little slow.
Press the lock button on your fob 3 times and hold for 3 seconds on the third press.

You're welcome 😉

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I'm trying register my 2019 Camry SE with Entune 3.0 Audio Plus in the app I'm getting the message bellow:

this vehicle is not currently supported by the app.
To enroll for your Connected Serices, press the SOS button in your vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
According to its wesite Toyota no longer supports remote connect for models older than 2020.

What is the point?
Just bought a 2019 Camry SE and I can't get myself registered at all.

Any clue?
Where exactly did you see where it says that? Link?
I found this PDF link, showing 2019 models that it's supposed to be included. Seems that 2019's must have either Entune Audio Plus or Entune Audio Premium. I have the Premium system; the Remote Connect originally worked fine for about a month, then it stopped working (and hasn't, ever since).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where exactly did you see where it says that? Link?
https://www.toyota.com/content/connectedservices/marketing/PDF/MY19_Connected_Services_Table.pdf
I found this PDF link, showing 2019 models that it's supposed to be included. Seems that 2019's must have either Entune Audio Plus or Entune Audio Premium. I have the Premium system; the Remote Connect originally worked fine for about a month, then it stopped working (and hasn't, ever since).
Here https://www.toyota.com/connected-services/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh I totally forgot to mention, I'm in USA where Remote Connect is available on models such as mine that have the necessary hardware for it (Entune Audio Plus/Premium). Yes the Canadian versions of the Toyotas can't get Remote Connect functionality for some reason.
So I assume the Toyotas purchased in Canada would have to get an after-market system installed for remote start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update on my situation, finally a local Toyota dealer service dept. was able to fix my remote start, it can now start remotely either with the app or the key fob. They said it was something in the background that had been turned off (not by me) they had to turn back on. I can only assume they used their Toyota diagnostic/tweaking system Techstream. But they still had to get on the phone with the Toyota engineering dept. to talk them through the checklist for checking all the internal settings.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts