Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2009 Venza with V6 engine for 2 whole days! My daughter asked me if I had remote start and I had no idea, so I looked up the procedure to use the remote start using the Toyota keyfob and nothing happened, but I am still wondering if there is a way to absolutely find out if it has remote start from the factory. Could anyone please help me?
Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
156 Posts
As far as I know the Toyota remote start is a dealer installed option (mine was). Odds are you don't have it but look up the service records at toyota.com/owners. It should show if a dealer installed one. Enjoy your "new" Venza - they're great cars!

·
2011 Venza
3,095 Posts
Same here, mine was dealer installed and it wasn't part of any packages. However, the original owner may have had one installed. There are also a couple of physical items you can look for. The remote start system requires (2) visible components. First is the antenna/receiver, it is usually placed in a spot with a clear line of site, look beside you rear view mirror and see if there is a small device stuck on the windshield. The second item is a tilt sensor attached to the underside of the hood, this is so it can't be started with the hood up. If you have these items, you have a remote start, you just need to figure out how to activate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.