Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
14TAH Touring 10 TundraDC
2014 TAH Touring
393 Posts
Thanks for posting your fix, always appreciated. Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your 2012 TCH XLE. They are great cars for their niche and have some very interesting technology and info systems. Amazing MPG for a mid size car with decent comfort.

·
Toyota Veteran,TCH Rookie
2014.5 TCH XLE
6 Posts
Anyone ever done DYI on the Remote Engine Start?

I love to tackle DIY projects, and I'm wondering if the RES kit can be a DIY option. I'm thinking not since I can't seem to find any posts of instructions or how-to, but I figure that this forum will certainly know if it can be done.

·
Registered
2019 Camry XSE
94 Posts
Yes I've installed it. Not too difficult. I'll try and dig the instructions out of my dropbox. What year is your camry hybrid?

·
2014.5 TCH XLE
6 Posts
It's the new 2014.5 model. I read a thread somewhere that it has to be programmed by the dealer, so that's why I'm wondering.

·
Registered
2019 Camry XSE
94 Posts

·
2014.5 TCH XLE
6 Posts
How do I know which version of Techstream to buy or download? The techstream page I find when I google it seems to always point to Techstream Lite, which the instructions you linked specifically say won't work.

I've been searching for Techstream threads in the forums, but can't seem to find a straight answer. Certainly appreciate all of the help, btw!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remote starter for 2007 Camry Hybrid ! help!

Mine is 07 TCH with 33K miles. Bought in Aug 2006.
I been looking for a remote starter but can't decide which way to go.
The Toyota dealer I rarely go to says something like $700.

I saw some on bestbuy like these http://www.bestbuy.com/site/viper-remote-start-system-with-smartstart-black/9516348.p?id=1218117577658&skuId=9516348 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/viper-4115v1b-remote-start-system-geek-squad-installation/9999212600050005.p?id=pcmprd211500050005&skuId=9999212600050005
I have no idea what part number I am looking for, where to buy one for my car and installation cost. Any info or help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Surprised that no one has responded. I found an original part number 08586-3t960 but the dealer said it had lots of issues. He said "the only option is an after market and it is Presitige brand and
The model # APS878C $425.00 installed....AND the best warranty,
LIFETIME parts and labor ".

I checked online with that part or model number but never found it. There are others sold for $50 to $150 the most if ordered online from some online sites.
Any recommendations?

He said" Hi *******...i just found out that we had been installing that kit 7 years ago...and had experienced numerous problems as a result...some were..no start, excessive battery draw...all relating to the ECU (which is in the kit) and no longer available...knowing this I/we would NOT want to put in an old/discontinued kit that is unable to be serviced...couldn't really see that as reliable ...like Toyota and we are ! I would only want to install the aftermarket or not at all, knowing these facts..let me know if I can be of further assistance.."

·
Registered
RX350 Lexus
126 Posts
remote start

I'll sell you mine if you can find the procedure for removing it from my car!
My 07 TCH was delivered in July 2006 (made in Japan) and came with the remote start. I haven't used it in at least 4 years and doubt I'll ever use it again because we always park in a garage now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
isn't that impossible with keyless cars? because of the proximity chips? I live in the GREAT WHITE NORTH! and thrust me would love it if it was possible...

·
2007 TCH owner
341 Posts
expresskit.com or dei has those kits for years, it's just a matter of finding a decent authorized installer in your area. it can be a DIY job but you'll be voiding the warranty if things are messed up. they even have kits to remotely start using your phone (smart start)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 2012 with keyless start and the dealer installed a Toyota remote starter. Uses the same key fob the only "feature" is the car shuts off if the doors are unlocked or opened. I assume the 2015 would have the same Toyota one available.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got it installed for $500 on my 2015 TCH XLE by the dealer as part of the deal.

Works great, range is fairly limited, and only runs for 10 mins up to two times.

Also, shuts off automatically when you open the door.

·
Registered
2017 Avalon Premium
449 Posts
Impossible

isn't that impossible with keyless cars? because of the proximity chips? I live in the GREAT WHITE NORTH! and thrust me would love it if it was possible...
NO it isn't impossible. It is very POSSIBLE, just see your Toyota Dealer and they will install for $500.00 or less. Uses your original remote to start the car. Press lock 3 times and hold. Car will blink 3 times and start.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You can buy the remote start on "A" and install it yourself for $294 if you want to save money. I looked at the wiring diagram and it is pretty easy. Most of the connections are by the passenger side foot panel.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyota-PT398-03123-Remote-Starter/dp/B006QCP8NK[/ame]

·
Registered
1 Posts
factory remote starter

i have a2012 camery hybrid with factoy remote starter what i like to know is after you start it twice without getting in it it will not restart the third time are there a way to reset it from remote like you got in it and started and drove it.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remote Start Questions

I have a 16 TCH XLE.
Should I go aftermarket or OEM for a remote start system?
I wanna get this done pretty soon so any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

181 - 200 of 205 Posts