Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 HIGHLANDER XLE
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- 2017 Highlander XLE AWD with 43k miles

- I use AMSOIL 0W-20 which is good for 25K miles or a year & get the Alignment at Firestone (the Lifetime Deal), the Car is running fine with no problems.

• How do I remove the Maintenance Required from within the Dash, short of going to the Dealer.
  • Any help from the Forum Members is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Highlander LTD
219 Posts
- 2017 Highlander XLE AWD with 43k miles

- I use AMSOIL 0W-20 which is good for 25K miles or a year & get the Alignment at Firestone (the Lifetime Deal), the Car is running fine with no problems.

• How do I remove the Maintenance Required from within the Dash, short of going to the Dealer.
  • Any help from the Forum Members is appreciated.

Thanks
Here you go:

Did you install Firestone tires on your HL?

·
Registered
17 HIGHLANDER XLE
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot, I saw the video & will try that.
Thanks to you, I found lot of other videos on youtube about Highlander which I was not aware of.

The present Tires are which came with the car,
Firestone Lifetime Alignment costs about 30-40 dollars (I forget the amount) more than a regular one time alignment purchase, but all the alignments after that are free as long as I own the car

With my best

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 LE
107 Posts
I realize Amsoil is a good oil, but I don't think I could ever go 25K before an oil change. With the newer engines and synthetic oils I'm no longer doing oil changes at 3K, but I feel more comfortable at 5K to 10K, and personally I do mine at 5K. Even good oil is cheap compared to engine work on one of these VVT engines. I'll still work on my small block Chevys, but I get cold feet thinking about taking the heads off my Toyota.

Maybe I need to read up more on Amsoil and oil test results from their extended OCI.

·
Registered
17 HIGHLANDER XLE
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankyou, I could remove the "Maintenance Required" message from the dash following the youtube video.

My experience with Amsoil -

We usually drive around 10 - 12k miles a year, may be a little less now since we retired, so no I would not be comfortable beyond 15 to 20k miles.
We change the Oil & Filter once a year of the 2 cars we have now, Rx 350 has 95k & Highlander has 43k miles as we have done with our cars of the past..

Every year I check the oil at the oil change place, it is still brown & not black. I ask the oil change guy's opinion for reassurance & for what it is worth every time the answer is it is still good.

Our cars in the past too have done well with this practice. My son's 2009 Camry has 170k miles & doing fine so far & my wife's 2000 Sienna did fine engine wise for 214000 miles when sold in year 2014. Another 2002 Camry we had also did well engine wise when sold at 140k miles

We pay a little more for the oil one time a year, & save multiple visits to the dealer / oil change place, call me lazy.
In the remote past I also did oil changes at 3-5k mile intervals.

To each his own, I think there is no right or wrong way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts