Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new Camry and like it very much. A few changes needed.

1.) How can I remove the airbag warning labels glued to both visors? The messages are important and should be read at least once but I don't want them there for the life of the car. Dealer said they can't be removed without damaging the fabric - but damaged fabric will be less objectionable than the red and yellow intrusive labels.

I suspect a hot iron may melt the maybe plastic glue and permit removal - but I would appreciate info from anyone who has done this or similar. Or, is there a solvent?

2.) Want a shop manual but the dealer has only ones covering up to 2007. Is anything later available?

Thank you for any info.

Bob - from Anaheim, Calif.

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Sorry Bob...I don't think they were meant to be removed, that could be why they would damage the fabric if tampered.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
Try contacting a Mexican Toyota dealer and see if they can order new visors for you. They don't have the same laws which specify that those labels must be there.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Another noob repeat thread...........SEARCH.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Buy a some used ones and mess with it first before you actually mess with the new ones.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for your experience. Will give that a try.

Worst that happens is I mess up the fabric and then cover it with, as near as possible, matching fabric. To me that would be better than at present.

Bob

Just learning how this forum works. Didn't intend to generate two replies saying almost the same thing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for your experience. Will give that a try.

Just learning how this forum works. Didn't intend to generate two replies saying almost the same thing.
Don't worry about it, you've just been NJ'ed. Deep down he's really a cool guy with a big heart that just doesn't get laid enough. Once in a while he's actually helpful too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts