Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to remove my "camry" and "se" emblems off my trunk to have a clean look and making it easier to clean. I hate the wax gun that gets stuck in the nooks. What is the safest way to take these off?

·
Hawaiian Camry
35 Posts
i think the best way is to use a fishing line... even if it leaves some sticky stuf left over, grab a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol and rub it away.. it worked like a charm for me
using a razer is just too risky

·
Registered
508 Posts
nj0ywatch1np0rn said:
I was wanting to remove my "camry" and "se" emblems off my trunk to have a clean look and making it easier to clean. I hate the wax gun that gets stuck in the nooks. What is the safest way to take these off?
Heat gun or hair dryer, with some dental floss/fishing line... comes right off. Then buy some goo-be-gone at Walmart to wipe off any glue.

·
aka: DaCubanSkillz
2007 Toyota Camry
119 Posts
try not to use a heat gun if u never used one. good way to ruin the car. What i did was take some Goo Gone (u can find it in target, Walmart, even CVS). Pour some goo gone on the back of the emblem and run fishing line through it. If any residue is left, use a soft rag and place goo gone on it and rub it in a bit and it should come off. Once you're done wash the parts that had goo gone with some soap and water (might as well do it before a car wash). And you're done.

To make things easier, let ur car's trunk face the sun for a while and that way you won't need a hair dryer or heat gun. I did mine in October and there was no residue left and i didn't leave my car in the sun. it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Under Reconstruction
4,349 Posts
drjames said:
Heat gun or hair dryer, with some dental floss/fishing line... comes right off. Then buy some goo-be-gone at Walmart to wipe off any glue.
+1

Goo-Be-Gone is your friend.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Explicitstylz96 said:
To make things easier, let ur car's trunk face the sun for a while and that way you won't need a hair dryer or heat gun.
+1. Worked fine for me. Then some Goo Gone and you're good.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I did mine within a week of picking up my car, meaning the badges had only been on there for 2-3 weeks tops.

I used a credit card and goo gone, then waxed the spots.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

Click on Pic to Enlarge

·
07 Killa Cam sittin on 19
96 Posts
NJRALD, I got to give up to you, those lexus embols look good man, I thought i was seeing things at first when i saw that, but that looks good man, i like that.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
bostonballer212 said:
NJRALD, I got to give up to you, those lexus embols look good man, I thought i was seeing things at first when i saw that, but that looks good man, i like that.
I wanted to do something else but couldn't cover up the hole.

I don't mind the Toyota symbol when it is small but when it gets to 4-5" across it is big and ugly.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts

·
crazydesiforever
07 Blue Camry
260 Posts
im going to debadge my emblems 2nite cant wait
just got the 2inch drop done gonna wax my car 2moro cuz
in ny the weather is 70 f*ckin degrees nd i luv it lol !!!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
avnishghei said:
im going to debadge my emblems 2nite cant wait
just got the 2inch drop done gonna wax my car 2moro cuz
in ny the weather is 70 f*ckin degrees nd i luv it lol !!!

Better do it now.
52 for a high tomorrow.
52 isn't bad either for this time of year when temp is supposed to be 40.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts