Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if i removed the heatshield that covers the headers, will it hurt anything? cuz mine is in not so great shape.

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
wouldn't really hurt anything, but your exhaust manifold is probably all corroded, but if you like that look, go nuts...

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool. ya...but its gross to look at a huge flat coroded panel. if my headers are gross, i'll cover them back up, and paint the shield.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I took the suggestions of one of the threads here and I took off the header heat shield, cleaned it up, got rid of the rust. Then it recieved two coats of high heat 1200 degree flat black engine paint. Looks pretty tight. Maybe you could try that? It cost me 3 bucks for automotive simple green and 3 bucks for the paint.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, i'll probly just remove and paint it over.

·
Naturally Aggravated
77 Posts
The heat shield keeps the heat where it belongs. Removing heat from the engine bay keeps intake temps cooler therefore the car makes more power. Paint and reinstall!

·
Registered
386 Posts
2wickedtoyz said:
^ that my friend is a good idea:thumbup: it helps keep it looking clean but if he want he can go with other colrs also.
Oh yeah, there are colors, my bad. I would have done either a gunmetal or a silver, but black was the only thing the car parts store in my town had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts