Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To remove the mirror do i have to remove the entire door panel to get to the screws, or can i just remove the triangular piece alone.

P.S. Where can i just get the glass piece of the mirror to save this trouble, my local dealer won't sell me just the glass.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You can remove the mirror just by the plastic piece, but if you want to disconnect the wire to the mirror you have to remove the door panel.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You can get glass at most glass shops, but if the bracket is broken than you prolly need a new mirror. This happened to me because an 18 wheeler pushed me over and the mirror hit a barrel on the highway, I had to get a whole new mirror and it doesn't match the car :(.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
yeah if you have power mirrors you're gonna have to take of the door panel to disconnect the wire for it. Otherwise it's just taking off the triangular piece and unbolting it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the clip is broken.
do i need to get the whole mirror (motor and all) or just the clip and glass? (i just broke the glass trying to force the broken clip onto the motor)

·
Registered
180 Posts
It depends when I was talking to someone they said well where was it made. Than he said I needed a whole new mirror because just getting the backing and the mirror and throwing it on wouldn't like hold up or something like that. Not sure if he was just trying to screw me over though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hmm im not sure ill have to look into that

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
dna59 said:
yeah if you have power mirrors you're gonna have to take of the door panel to disconnect the wire for it. Otherwise it's just taking off the triangular piece and unbolting it.
You DO NOT have to take off the door panel. I have power mirrors and had one of mine broken by a truck as well and i've taken it off several times. The door panel does not have to be removed, you just take of the triangular trim and then remove the bolts and then just disconnect the harness and thats all

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
you can pry it right off. The door panel isn't what holds the triangle in place, its just clips like everything else on the Camry.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah you can pry it off its kinda stuck on but how did you get the harness off its like half a foot down?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Lyons451 said:
Yeah you can pry it off its kinda stuck on but how did you get the harness off its like half a foot down?
we must be talkign about different mirros becaus on my Camry there is a harness witha clip right in the middle of the mirror assembly after you pull off the triangle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help, I got the triangle cover off.
I did not see a harness, but to replace the motor and wire i guess i still have to remove the door panel.
This is a last resort if i cannot get just the glass and clip replaced.
On www.Partznet.com has anyone found out what a filler is? Its under the mirror category.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does anyone know how to remove the door panel completely?
i have everything off but the handle is holding it on.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Pull the handle cover off. It eventually pops off. Its just very stubborn. Try pulling it from the right side. Careful it dosn't pop into your face though.

And about the mirror, I know they sell mirror kits in Autozone. I dont know how good those are though. You just cut and paste them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts