Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I want to remove the T badges and paint them black to match my car, the T badge on the grille came off easily the T on the trunk feels bolted on... is that right? If so, what is the best way to remove it?

·
09 Corolla
125 Posts
yeah but there are a couple of pegs too. they don't snap into place or anything, they just get in the way of floss.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
my question here is... removing the toyota badges you destroy the double sided sticker put up by toyota. replacing back the T badges, where do you get the same kind of strong double sided sticker? even the 3m brand of double sided stickers you can buy at office supply stores are not as sticky and not as strong compared to the kind used by auto makers.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
my question here is... removing the toyota badges you destroy the double sided sticker put up by toyota. replacing back the T badges, where do you get the same kind of strong double sided sticker? even the 3m brand of double sided stickers you can buy at office supply stores are not as sticky and not as strong compared to the kind used by auto makers.
the auto parts store has automotive grade double stick tape. but i usually get mine at walmart since its a lil cheaper.

·
Registered
186 Posts
enjoy! I made this a some time ago!

corolla/matrix = its the same shit!

Tools needed

Old credit card (for removing emblem) = Free

At least 600 or 1000 grit sand paper = single sheet should be at least $.70 cents

*For primer and color I used engine paint*
Spray paint primer = +/- $4
Spray paint color of your choice = +/- $4
Spray paint (auto) duplicolor clear = +/- $4

Vinyl color of your choice = at least a 6'' x 6'' square = +/- $2

Blade= $.50 cents

And molding tape = $5

Remove the emblem with the credit card, just slide it behind the emblem carefully with out scratching paint or just use whatever method you prefer. Also remove the left over tape from behind and give it a nice 1000 sand paper rub so that the paint can stick to it good!

Suggestions: replace molding tape BEFORE painting the emblem, its will be much easier, it will ensure you don’t scratch it of chip the paint in the process!

Place the emblem on top of the vinyl and trace it with a pencil/pen so you can cut it more accurately!

Suggestion: leave a good amount of space between the vinyl and the emblems edge! So that the emblems molding tape can glue to the car, not completely to the vinyl because it may come of in the future!
like this!

** If you want to keep the emblem chrome, just dont rub it with sand paper and dont spray paint it! Forget the steps below**

After the molding tape is applied primer coat the emblem

Then color and clear coat it! (color of your choice)

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
Nice work. Is the paint wet in the last shot or is it just that glossy?

·
My celica loves twistys.
1992 Toyota Paseo
659 Posts
nice project but those colors dont match yo

·
My celica loves twistys.
1992 Toyota Paseo
659 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
lol! do I have to post a recent pict of it in black to calm you down...?

nope like you said... your car your choice! your the only one that has to like it. I give you credit for doing it yourself but when you post anything online you are going to get every response possible.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I know dude! this is like the 10th car forum I belong to! been posting stuff since 2003, trust me, i know how it goes

1 - 20 of 21 Posts