Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys probably will laugh but i need help pulling the trim off from around the radio and a/c. i can get the right side out easily but the left side will not budge at all. can someone give me a tip on how to get the left side loose so i can pull it out?

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Take the ciggarette lighter out as well as the ashtray. Put your hand on the part that the ashtray slides in to and pull. Make sure the bottom part(near the ciggarette lighter) is pulled out first. Also you can get a thin flathead screwdriver and pry it open. Just be careful and make sure the lighter and ashtray are removed first.

·
Why not?
226 Posts
be careful! the trim piece is very fragile, i broke mine :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you say remove the lighter, do you mean just the lighter or do i have to take out the whole lighter unit?

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
wedge a flathead screwdriver inbetween the outer edge of the trim and the rest of the console i guess. and pry up a bit, if it comes up easily slide the screwdriver up or down until you find a spot that doesnt come up as easily, that way you'll know its where the clip is located, that way you wont crack the trim panel itself

·
Why not?
226 Posts
WOW, i WISH i had that when i did my radio damn it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone. i finally got it out without cracking anything. thanks alot phi. that link helped a bunch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts