Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Sienna--
I changed the battery and now the power doors wont work, the air is not working, the radio wont come on and I cant get the car out of park. All hell has broke loose! Is there anything I can do to correct this, or must I have the van towed to the dealer for maintenance??? :headbang::headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
91 Posts
2009 Sienna--
I changed the battery and now the power doors wont work, the air is not working, the radio wont come on and I cant get the car out of park. All hell has broke loose! Is there anything I can do to correct this, or must I have the van towed to the dealer for maintenance??? :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Give more details about how did you change the battery and what kind di you use and how the car was working before the change...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, I took it to the shop and they fixed it. I blew out some fuses.
I put the battery in wrong. Reversed the neg and pos charge. Odd, because the posts were in the same place as the old battery and I didnt even look. A really, really dumb thing to do. Anyway, the shop replaced some fuses..........charged me 400.00 and everything is fine now. Lesson learned!

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
Yep the R after the battery group size means reversed terminals. This has destroyed many a onboard computer, luckly Toyota engineers put fuses inline to blew first!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts