Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '05 regular cab with the bench seat. I was wondering if it's possible to replace it with two toyota bucket seats.

I don't have any complaints about my truck yet, but it would be kind of nice to have bucket seats. I've tried searching here, and google'd, but haven't found anything but racing seats.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

·
Registered
15 RAV4 LE AWD
334 Posts
I believe that buckets are an option on your Taco so you should be able to get buckets in there with out to much of a problem. Try Toyota or eBay for OEM seats.

·
Registered
2005 tacoma trd
866 Posts
ok here is whati did for my 97 tacoma i had, i used fourunner parts the buckets and the centre console worked out fine found it all on e-bay:naughty:

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I got my loan for my 05 reg cab 4x4 I had a couple of grand that I could have put towards dealer options and upgrades. Tried to get bucket seats put in but the service manager stated that it would void the warranty for the cab. Kinda stupid if you ask me.
-Mike

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
I have NEVER seen 05 tacoma seats on Ebay. I look a few times a week. Hell I have been looking since I got the truck home. I hate the bench seat.

I will not give up!!! :lol: will someone please wreck a nice double cab so i can buy your seats :naughty:

·
Registered
27 Posts
lotust said:
I have NEVER seen 05 tacoma seats on Ebay. I look a few times a week. Hell I have been looking since I got the truck home. I hate the bench seat.

I will not give up!!! :lol: will someone please wreck a nice double cab so i can buy your seats :naughty:
It doesn't even require a double cab. From my understanding the sr5 package included bucket seats.
-Mike

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
pnueve said:
It doesn't even require a double cab. From my understanding the sr5 package included bucket seats.
-Mike
i know that silly. I just hate that I cant afford a Double cab :lol: j/k I dont want anyone to actually get hurt.

·
Registered
456 Posts
lotust said:

you could buy them from toyota I assume?

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
lotust said:
:lol: will someone please wreck a nice double cab so i can buy your seats :naughty:
How dare you use such foul language like that!!!!:disappoin

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
as long as they wreck a long bed... :D :saythat::drama::dunno::nana::hi:

-Mike

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
NESW20 said:
as long as they wreck a long bed... :D :saythat::drama::dunno::nana::hi:

-Mike
Oh no, don't start that controversy!!! i'm sick of hearing everyone debate over that one. :D

·
Hughe Jorgan
07 R1 05 Tacoma
95 Posts
Ive been wanting to do the bucket seats in the back for some time now. I went to the dealer and they told me they would have to piece the seats out and couldnt just order a seat. I think thats Garbage really. Ive looked at some local crash and burn but can never find anything. The 4runner seats would work as well right? Thats where I might look next.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
NESW20 said:
as long as they wreck a long bed...

-Mike
I'd rather them wreck a shortbed because then there's a chance there will be some drivetrain components worth saving.....:saythat:

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
2004R1rider said:
Ive been wanting to do the bucket seats in the back for some time now.
I would think that would be a hard fit. Seesm like the rear passengers would lose a lot of legroom, and the height of the buckets sitting on the hump in the back would put them about 7" higher than the front passengers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts