Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,566 Posts
Update, decided to throw in the towel and I took it to a mechanic in town. Turns out there was diesel mixed with the gas. Doubt it was operator error since the diesel nozzle wont fit in the tank. Guess my last fill had a cross over somehow.

Thanks to everyone's for your input! I appreciate you all taking me to school on this. I feel the time and money were well spent. I enjoyed learning and working on my car. Now I can lift the hood and know what most of those parts are and what they do.
Thanks for posting back. That's definitely something almost impossible to diagnose over the Internet.

·
Rookie Wrencher with 2008 Corolla
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks for posting back. That's definitely something almost impossible to diagnose over the Internet.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. If you were in the garage with me you would have figured it out in quick order.
Thanks Hardtopte72

·
4,037 Posts
Update, decided to throw in the towel and I took it to a mechanic in town. Turns out there was diesel mixed with the gas. Doubt it was operator error since the diesel nozzle wont fit in the tank. Guess my last fill had a cross over somehow.
Wow! I would never have thought of that possibility. How did your mechanic find out? I guess he just happened to take a whiff of the fuel and noticed it was diesel?

·
Rookie Wrencher with 2008 Corolla
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Wow! I would never have thought of that possibility. How did your mechanic find out? I guess he just happened to take a whiff of the fuel and noticed it was diesel?
I was wondering the same thing. The tech was gone when I picked it up but I think I'll drop by and talk to him for a minute. If I do, I'll post an update.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts