Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99 Camey(4cyl) was in for oil change at my Toyota dealer. Car has 69K miles, dealer tech told me car is perfect other than Flex Pipe has very slight leak. Said if replaced by dealer would be $1500 since they change the entire pipe assembly. Also said i could just as well have Midas shop replace just the Flex Section by cutting and welding new flex section. Cost about $200. Is this ok to do? They told me MANY camry's owners do this.

·
Corolla Fanboy
77 Posts
I was in the same boat as you when I went in for an inspection in March. I had two pea sized holes in mine. I took it to a garage and they welded it up for $25. Possibly look into welding the bad section up, or go with Midas. It is your call.

Reactions: mytoy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in the same boat as you when I went in for an inspection in March. I had two pea sized holes in mine. I took it to a garage and they welded it up for $25. Possibly look into welding the bad section up, or go with Midas. It is your call.
Thanks very much for the quick response and comfort knowing the simple solution is ok. I'll likely just use "the midas touch" then. They told me leak is ever so slight and not needing attention now, just down the road. I'm selling this unbelievably clean car that literally needs nothing(beyond this future flex thing) so just wanted to know what exposure might be for future buyer.

·
Corolla Fanboy
77 Posts
Glad I could help. I hope all goes well with your future cars. You can never go wrong with a Toyota. That Camry though, very low mileage. Very nice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad I could help. I hope all goes well with your future cars. You can never go wrong with a Toyota. That Camry though, very low mileage. Very nice.
Prospective buyer coming tomorrow. I hope they appreciate what they'll be seeing. This car is immaculate and been meticulously maintained. I'm asking $4500...worth every penny. Thanks again for the guidance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.