Toyota Nation Forum banner

Replace heater core 1993 Corolla, video?

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  byazdaani 
#1 ·
So my interior started smelling like anti Freeze the front defroster started fogging up the windows, saw some drops antifreeze. By passenger side

Is there a video somewhere To show how toi replace the Heater Core? My dealer wants $500.

Or even a clear instructions with pictures? I cant see paying all the labor fees.

Doest seem to complicated.

Any tips, I may just bypass it for now.

Thx!

Paul

#2 ·
If it's like most other cars, you'll have to pull the dash shell out to access the HVAC box. But knowing Toyota, there might be some easier way, but I know nothing about it as I think that heater cores are not a common failure on these cars.

#4 ·
Found a short video in removing a heater core on a 94 Prizm and it's a pain in the ass. I would say $500 is not too bad, unless you're a brain surgeon with video equipment to record the disassembly and reassembly. The video contained no details other than it was a complicated job.
My brother had one replaced on a 96 T-bird by the best radiator shop in the area. It failed in just over aa year and the shop owner died, so he was screwed.
If you go the replacement route, my advice is to use OEM, since you know how long that one lasted.

#5 ·
The issue here is that the dash looks to be 1 piece.

Everything that Toyota does is called stack manufacturing. Once you get the dash out of the way, the rest should be straight forward.

Here's a thread that may help. The pics are no longer available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.