Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 2018 Corolla, and I am currently connecting my iPhone to the stereo via Bluetooth and charging it via a USB-C adapter in the 12V port. I would prefer to connect my phone directly via USB instead of Bluetooth, but I don't want to lose the fast-charging capability of the USB-C connection. Is it possible to replace the stock USB/3.5mm port with a USB-C port that would a) still connect directly to the stereo and b) provide enough power for fast charging? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Daniel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey I have an android phone with usb type c and when i plug my phone into my '17 Corollas standard usb plug it does not allow me to use the phone for audio.. I'm not sure if it has to do with my samsung s8 being old or what but the entune system will not read from my phone like that...hope that helps

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have a 2018 Corolla, and I am currently connecting my iPhone to the stereo via Bluetooth and charging it via a USB-C adapter in the 12V port. I would prefer to connect my phone directly via USB instead of Bluetooth, but I don't want to lose the fast-charging capability of the USB-C connection. Is it possible to replace the stock USB/3.5mm port with a USB-C port that would a) still connect directly to the stereo and b) provide enough power for fast charging? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Daniel
You're using an aftermarket radio, right? I have an aftermarket radio where Android Auto isn't cooperating (keep dropping the connection). I'm using the factory USB/Aux port currently. I ordered a used USB/Aux port and I'm trying to rig the port where I won't have to drill any new holes or have a cable hanging. I'm trying to make the port universally available to any phone besides my own. I'll provide updates once I get all the parts and see if I can accomplish what I have in mind.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey I have an android phone with usb type c and when i plug my phone into my '17 Corollas standard usb plug it does not allow me to use the phone for audio.. I'm not sure if it has to do with my samsung s8 being old or what but the entune system will not read from my phone like that...hope that helps
I'm not sure regarding your issue as I have a 2014 and I didn't have an Entune radio in my car. But there's no reason why it shouldn't work unless the USB port isn't at least 2.0?

·
Registered
33 Posts
You're using an aftermarket radio, right? I have an aftermarket radio where Android Auto isn't cooperating (keep dropping the connection). I'm using the factory USB/Aux port currently. I ordered a used USB/Aux port and I'm trying to rig the port where I won't have to drill any new holes or have a cable hanging. I'm trying to make the port universally available to any phone besides my own. I'll provide updates once I get all the parts and see if I can accomplish what I have in mind.
Android auto is VERY finicky about USB cables. Some work and others keep disconnecting. Here is the route I went. The Factory USB is connected to the Car play port and the added on USB/AUX port go to the Android Auto port and AUX of my Pioneer radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Android auto is VERY finicky about USB cables. Some work and others keep disconnecting. Here is the route I went. The Factory USB is connected to the Car play port and the added on USB/AUX port go to the Android Auto port and AUX of my Pioneer radio.
You're definitely right about Android Auto being finicky about USB cables. Which Pioneer radio do you have? I have the AVH-2440NEX. One question, which added USB/Aux port did you buy? I was looking at those as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You're definitely right about Android Auto being finicky about USB cables. Which Pioneer radio do you have? I have the AVH-2440NEX. One question, which added USB/Aux port did you buy? I was looking at those as well.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HKF9HSG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Pioneer Avh-4200nex

·
Registered
13 Posts

I dont have any issue lol....I was just saying that the usb port does not allow me to play music from my phone on my stock 17 engine system via usb at all I have a flash drive plugged in that works great and I've also used an ipod but my phone doesnt allow it (via usb) bluetooth works great...I think it's the phone though

I'm not sure regarding your issue as I have a 2014 and I didn't have an Entune radio in my car. But there's no reason why it shouldn't work unless the USB port isn't at least 2.0?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Steve, i noticed your photo attachment, where did you buy that 3.0 USB port? i am looking for one with that size for my corrola IM 2018, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
steve9271
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing