Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am having issues getting 1 of the replacement 9005 bulbs to twist into the opening in the head light casing. I looked at the old 9005 and compared it to the new one and they match up exactly. The thickness of the tabs are the same, the washer. weather seal is the same, but it does not want to twist in.

I am at a loss as to what is causing this. The old one was a bit snug, but I was able to get it out.

·
Official PITA
'05 Solara 'Vert & '07 ES350
1,289 Posts
You might try some silicone lubricant on the opening of headlight housing.

·
Registered
2004 Solara SLE Convertible, 3.3 V6
1,305 Posts
Take a look at the one on the opposite side.

Sometimes just the slightest difference in how you've seated the bulb in the socket can make a world of difference. Or there could be some very subtle difference of some other sort. Since you have another example to compare against it makes sense to do so.

You could also swap the bulb from the opposing side to see if it works, but the new one still doesn't on the other side.

This should, as you've noted, be dead simple. When it isn't in a case like this, it's generally something very difficult to detect, a tiny difference, that's put the block in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.