Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of compatible replacement sun visor (visor assembly) for a 97 XL model? I can't find exact replacements for it. I guess something similar will have to do.

·
Registered
01 Avalon XL, 03 Avalon XL
987 Posts
Tried eBay?

If you're in an urban area, check with a local junkyard. Otherwise, www.car-part.com, which draws from junkyards all over the US, but the prices + shipping can be a killer.

If you're in an urban area that's low on workman's comp and lawyers* you might find a pick-and-pay junkyard, where you go in, grab a part and pay on the way out.

·
Super Moderator
12,806 Posts
I’ve been watching eBay for a drivers side visor for my ‘96 for a couple years now. I have yet to see one listed for a reasonable price. Like $50 or less. Good luck!

·
Registered
01 Avalon XL, 03 Avalon XL
987 Posts
Took a look at the Gen1 versus my 2001 Gen2 - overall, I don't see a lot of difference in the cabin/windshield portion, so maybe Toyota saved money by not changing the Gen2 visors much.

I decided to document my Gen2 driver's side visor... much better than doing work on a Friday ;)

Resting visor:

Deployed visor:

Shaky visor sketch, all dimensions in millimeters:

The sketch is trying to tell you:

320 mm between the centerline of the rod at the left mount to the center of the notch for the right mount.
50mm wide left hand notch in visor
60mm from the right side to the center of the right cutout in visor
~30 mm -- thickness of visor

Hopefully the others are decipherable...

Dunno, maybe a Gen2 will work? Many are available on eBay right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts