Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Camry
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I was in a bit of a fender bender this weekend. I got really lucky, though, in that none of my lights were damaged and my bumper was only scraped. In fact, near as I can tell, only my hood is crunched.

How easy is it to replace the hood? I saw some online for under $200. Is there any trick to it? Any particular brand to get? I'm assuming I can't repair the hood in any way.

I really think the rest of the car is fine (seems to be driving fine and all lights work). Take a look at a pictures and tell me what you think (sorry about the bad rotations).

Thanks!

·
Weazler
94 Corolla Base
903 Posts
Have you lifted the hood?
Are all the light and cornet brackets intact?
That front core support is the main thing you have to worry about. Sadly, the ae*** have welded core supports. Unlike many Honda and GM vehicles..

As to the original ?, the hood is an easy replace, but lining up the latch in THESE situations prove difficult, (back to core support)
GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
2002 Camry
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you lifted the hood?
Are all the light and cornet brackets intact?
That front core support is the main thing you have to worry about. Sadly, the ae*** have welded core supports. Unlike many Honda and GM vehicles..

As to the original ?, the hood is an easy replace, but lining up the latch in THESE situations prove difficult, (back to core support)
GOOD LUCK!!
Weazler - I haven't lifted the hood yet, because I'm afraid it won't close again, haha (have to be able to get to work this week!). I am not sure if the light and cornet brackets are in tact. The driver side daytime running light came out, so I had to tape it for now. It is still functional, though. Forgive my ignorance, but what is "ae***"?

Thanks for your help!

mobiless2 said:
Looks like the radiator support is push back. Try finding a used hood at LKQ salvage yard.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't even know we had one of those in my city until you mentioned that. Do they inventory stuff or do you just have to go and sort through it all?

·
Registered
2002 Camry
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm certain you have more damage than just a bent hood. Dont expect the latch or anything else to line up when you get the replacement.
Any thoughts on what I would expect to pay a body shop?

Benchmark said:
You'll have to go used or aftermarket. GM doesn't carry body parts for the Prizm anymore. You can also use a come along to bend the radiator support back. I did that on a junkbird one time.
Are there any aftermarket brands to avoid?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.