Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to remove Venza Front and Rear door panels to replace stock speakers and the speakers size for Front and Rear?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Venza Speaker Size for Front and Rear

2009 TOYOTA VENZA 4DR SPORT WAGON WITH 2.7L ENGINE AND STANDARD 6-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM:

Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 6X9 3
Front Tweeter 1 1
Rear Speaker 6.5 3
Center Speaker 3 2 (no center speaker installed)

2009 TOYOTA VENZA 4DR SPORT WAGON WITH 2.7L ENGINE AND JBL® 13-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM (or NAVIGATION EQUIPPED JBL® 13-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM):

Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 6X9 3
Front Speaker 3 2
Front Tweeter 1 1
Rear Speaker 6.5 3
Rear Speaker 1 1
Rear Speaker 3 2
Center Speaker 3 2

·
Registered
240 Posts
2009 TOYOTA VENZA 4DR SPORT WAGON WITH 2.7L ENGINE AND STANDARD 6-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM:

Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 6X9 3
Front Tweeter 1 1
Rear Speaker 6.5 3

2009 TOYOTA VENZA 4DR SPORT WAGON WITH 2.7L ENGINE AND JBL® 13-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM (or NAVIGATION EQUIPPED JBL® 13-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM):

Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 6X9 3
Front Speaker 3 2
Front Tweeter 1 1
Rear Speaker 6.5 3
Rear Speaker 1 1
Rear Speaker 3 2
Center Speaker 3 2
That would explain it! geez.
THanks buddy. good to know.
Now what?
hmmm.
thoughts......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Door panel removal & speaker install

1. Pop out the plastic cover behind the door latch with a small screwdriver.

2. Remove the 1 screw behind the door latch.

3. Pop up the panel that has the power window button and disconnect the power window harness.

4. Remove the 1 screw that you see.

5. Start at the bottom and pull the panel away from the door. When it is free pull up to get over the window ledge.

6. Disconnect the door lock and door open cables (they snap out) behind the door panel.

7. You can remove the door.

8. Remove the factory speaker and cut out the cone.

9. Cut the frame and removed the cone.

10. Screw the new speaker right to the old speaker's frame.

11. To make for a clean install, solder the speaker connection to the old frame to be able to use the factory plug.

·
Registered
240 Posts
1. Pop out the plastic cover behind the door latch with a small screwdriver.

2. Remove the 1 screw behind the door latch.

3. Pop up the panel that has the power window button and disconnect the power window harness.

4. Remove the 1 screw that you see.

5. Disconnect the door lock and door open cables (they snap out) behind the door panel.

6. Start at the bottom and pull the panel away from the door. When it is free pull up to get over the window ledge.

7. You can remove the door.

8. Remove the factory speaker and cut out the cone.

9. Cut the frame and removed the cone.

10. Screw the new speaker right to the old speaker's frame.

11. To make for a clean install, solder the speaker connection to the old frame to be able to use the factory plug.
wow sounds easy.
You should youtube a how to video on it...That would be good...lol..

·
Registered
57 Posts

Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 6X9 3
Front Tweeter 1 1
Rear Speaker 6.5 3

Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 6X9 3
Front Speaker 3 2
Front Tweeter 1 1
Rear Speaker 6.5 3
Rear Speaker 1 1
Rear Speaker 3 2
Center Speaker 3 2
I am not too savvy when it comes to car audio, so what does a 3 2, 1 1, 6.5 3 mean? I just want to replace the stock speakers in the car (base MY10 Venza) and was wondering what size to order? I only see six speakers and am assuming the four in the doors are coaxial. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you for the reply, so are there only two tweeters on the 6 base audio system, the ones on the dash? Or are the front and rear speakers coaxials with built in tweeters? If I wanted to upgrade the stock speakers to get a little cleaner sound and more bass (without getting an amp) what would you guys suggest? Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got the JBL unit, after looking at the size of the speakers, no wondered the sound that came out of the unit is lacking the 'punch'. couldn't feel the bass at all... basically only 4 speakers in OK size...

·
Registered
156 Posts
What size is OK for you? Ever give much thought to how it is that a really good set of ear buds will blow whatever you can put into your living room or car away? Size is only one parameter you need to think about, AND, in general with the better engines out there now, cone size is only a minor contributor to bottom end into a small load such as a car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any owners who have replaced their speakers out there that would like to share their experience with us? I would like to know which brands and models they are using and an opinion as to whether it was worth the cost and trouble.

Thanks,

Masi_GC

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am looking to upgrade my stock speakers as well. I feel like all the sound is coming from the front of the car, with no good bass response or crisp sound. stock system here btw.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm looking into Boston Acoustics SR95's for the front. They retail for $299 but can be found at various online retailers for well under $200. Mounting depth is 2 5/8 and they have a "head unit friendly" 92 sensitivity rating. I would be interesting in seeing the stock speaker and frame to hopefully avoid any installation hassles ahead of time.

Does anyone know if the stock front are coaxial or componet?

Are they 4ohm or something else?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will begin my upgrades this weekend, weather permitting. Here is what I have assembled: Boss Audio BASS600 powered subwoofer, Alpine MRP-F300 amplifier, Alpine SPR-69C 6x9 speakers for the front and Infinity Kappa 62.9i 6.5" speakers for the rear.
I did a lot of research on these and have my fingers crossed the system will deliver. At least it won't be as flat as the factory set up I have now.
I will try and take pics and post the results.
I am also soliciting any advice if you have some.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will begin my upgrades this weekend, weather permitting. Here is what I have assembled: Boss Audio BASS600 powered subwoofer, Alpine MRP-F300 amplifier, Alpine SPR-69C 6x9 speakers for the front and Infinity Kappa 62.9i 6.5" speakers for the rear.
I did a lot of research on these and have my fingers crossed the system will deliver. At least it won't be as flat as the factory set up I have now.
I will try and take pics and post the results.
I am also soliciting any advice if you have some.

I have the BASS600 in my subaru. It works great for low frequency fill but it won't "hit" hard like a lot of people expect from a subwoofer. I'm actually gonna swap it out for the BASS1200. That being said, it was easy to install and setup.

Please take some pictures of the door removal, stock speakers, and speaker locations. Let us know if you run into any complications.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have started but have run across a few delays I want to share. I didn't realize both the front and rear speakers will need an adapter to mount the aftermarket replacements. I have ordered those and am awaiting their arrival. I did remove the speakers to take a look at what I would need as far as mounting them. I was surprised at how weak and cheap they appear.In the meantime I have been pulling wire and configuring where and how to put in the amp and subwoofer. I also ordered the male and female wire harness adapters so I can wire in my line converter without cutting the factory harness. Remember I am still using the factory head unit. I would also recommend buying some panel fasteners from Toyota as a few have broken off while removing door panels. I have also traced out speaker wire and colors with correct polarity and will post those soon. I didn't find one wiring diagram that corresponded with the wiring in the Venza.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This morning I finished pulling all of the wire fro the amp, subwoofer and new speakers. I tested the polarity of each speaker harness installed on the car. This is for a 2009 Venza without JBL.

Left Front + Green
- Blue

Left Rear + Black
- Yellow

Right Front + Pink
- Purple

Right Rear + Red
- White

None of the wires had any other colored stripes on them. They were solid. I could not run wire through the wireway for the rear doors as they had a solid plastic connector there. I tapped into the factory speaker wires under the B pillar cover for the rear speakers and the kick panels for the front speakers.

There is sufficient room under the center console once removed to run wire and removing it was rather simple. I plan on posting pics once complete. There are also good grounding points under the console for the amps.

Hope this helps. More to come......

1 - 20 of 122 Posts